Volvo XC40 Forum banner

321 - 329 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Chris - so the software update being released is to fix the Heat pump/AC issue? Or is there more to it? Since I do not have a heat pump is there a need for me to make an appointment with the dealer to get the update?
The main item I am looking for is the VOC app with the ability to schedule off peak electricity Charging.
Thanks Chris. My car is still at the CA port. Will it get that software update there, or here in CO when it finally gets delivered to my dealer?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Now all we need is someone (wink, wink Chris) to sneak the files out onto the interwebs so that we can put it on a flash drive and update the cars ourselves (wink, wink). That's how I got around paying for the BMW and Range Rover map updates....
Scans, with our existing SENSUS based, cars, it was/is already possible to put map updates on a USB stick and download. Those updates are not necessary on the Google Auto cars (XC40 P8). Vehicle software can only be updated via VIDA at a Volvo Retailer.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Thanks Chris - so the software update being released is to fix the Heat pump/AC issue? Or is there more to it? Since I do not have a heat pump is there a need for me to make an appointment with the dealer to get the update?
The main item I am looking for is the VOC app with the ability to schedule off peak electricity Charging.
Welland, yes, the software updated addresses a number of issues, including the AC issue on heat pump cars, the care key issue (showing km/h and celsius on instrument panel), plus it enables the car to be provisioned to the Volvo on Call app in the future when it is finally available. You will eventually hear from your Retailer to come in for the update and/or receive a letter from Volvo Canada inviting you to do the same. Once the software is in the car and then once the Volvo On Call app is available, you will be able to provision the car to the Volvo On Call app yourself, without having to visit the Retailer.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Thanks Chris. My car is still at the CA port. Will it get that software update there, or here in CO when it finally gets delivered to my dealer?
Bristlecone, yes all cars in the ports are being upgraded prior to release. Those cars will start to flow out of the ports today.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Welland, yes, the software updated addresses a number of issues, including the AC issue on heat pump cars, the care key issue (showing km/h and celsius on instrument panel), plus it enables the car to be provisioned to the Volvo on Call app in the future when it is finally available. You will eventually hear from your Retailer to come in for the update and/or receive a letter from Volvo Canada inviting you to do the same. Once the software is in the car and then once the Volvo On Call app is available, you will be able to provision the car to the Volvo On Call app yourself, without having to visit the Retailer.
Ok Thanks - you have been and will be a great resource for us - very beneficial as it keeps us in the loop as early adopters of this vehicle in NA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Chris, I took my car in today and got the software update. It fixed my AC which was cutting out (mine was not held up at port) and prepped for the On Call feature to be installed when an over the air update occurs. Sounds like the dealers got communication this week about the software update. I still cannot set up my On Call app on my phone, says VIN is incorrect. I presume this will get fixed when On Call is fully functioning. Thanks for all the clarity, allowed me not to freak out when I lost AC.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks Chris, I took my car in today and got the software update. It fixed my AC which was cutting out (mine was not held up at port) and prepped for the On Call feature to be installed when an over the air update occurs. Sounds like the dealers got communication this week about the software update. I still cannot set up my On Call app on my phone, says VIN is incorrect. I presume this will get fixed when On Call is fully functioning. Thanks for all the clarity, allowed me not to freak out when I lost AC.
How long did they need the vehicle to do this update?

321 - 329 of 329 Posts