Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some discussion on other forums that there is a problem with the Volvo on-call software for the new XC40 Recharge vehicles where the trip meter gets reset to zero and other software glitches. Apparently, Volvo may not release the cars until it is fixed in Q2 or Q3 of this year. Anyone else can confirm or correct this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is some discussion on other forums that there is a problem with the Volvo on-call software for the new XC40 Recharge vehicles where the trip meter gets reset to zero and other software glitches. Apparently, Volvo may not release the cars until it is fixed in Q2 or Q3 of this year. Anyone else can confirm or correct this?
Can‘t confirm the dates, but I got an email yesterday that my car can’t be delivered until the update.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also received an email saying that my car is in the port at Newark, but that Volvo is not releasing it until they fix a software problem with the Volvo On Call system. They did not say when this might happen. Hard to believe that they are holding a bunch of cars in docks, but sounds like that is what is happening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hopefully things go smoothly in Europe and then they can move on to North America

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glo...over-the-air-software-update-on-xc40-recharge

Volvo Cars initiates first ever over-the-air software update on XC40 Recharge

Feb 25, 2021 ID: 277395

Volvo Cars is rolling out its first ever over-the-air (OTA) software update on the XC40 Recharge, the company’s first fully electric car.

Starting soon, XC40 Recharge drivers in Europe will receive a range of updates, including new features, bug fixes and stability improvements to the car’s infotainment and propulsion systems.

The introduction of OTA updates means that customers no longer have to visit a workshop in order to enjoy the latest software and new, updated features on their electric Volvo.

It also means that a new Volvo is no longer at its finest when it leaves the factory, but keeps improving over time as additional OTA updates are launched.

“The benefits of over-the-air updates are obvious,” said Henrik Green, chief technology officer. “Yesterday you still had to drive to the workshop in order to get the latest updates to your car. Today you simply click OK and your electric Volvo takes care of the rest. It couldn’t be easier.”

Features included in this latest software update are a new base software for the car’s main electronic systems, an increase in charging speed and an improved driving range.

There are also updates to the Android Automotive operating system that powers the car’s infotainment system, as well as an important safety-related propulsion bug fix.

Finally, the software package also includes updates to a variety of items such as Bluetooth connectivity, climate timers, the car’s digital owner’s manual and the 360-degree camera.

The update is available automatically and XC40 Recharge drivers only have to accept the download and installation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So far no recharge drivers have received this... The car has been rolled out to Europe, but the OTA has yet to be spotted...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Found this discussion board through an article about the delay. I tracked my order to the New Jersey ports on the 'CARMEN' and it's been sitting there now for a month. Aggravating. I remember watching a review last year that commented on OnCall not functioning, but surely thought it would be fixed by now.

Customer support and Volvo USA Twitter don't give any timeline. Q1 ends on March 30. (sigh)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Someone on the FB Volvo XC40 Recharge group spotted this. Volvo issued a safety recall of the P8. Drive power may fail due to bug, and software update will fix it. Seems like this is why the cars are being held up. The linked PDFs contain more detailed info:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Someone on the FB Volvo XC40 Recharge group spotted this. Volvo issued a safety recall of the P8. Drive power may fail due to bug, and software update will fix it. Seems like this is why the cars are being held up. The linked PDFs contain more detailed info:

No update till May!?

·
Registered
49 Posts

No update till May!?
I believe that the OTA update that Volvo is now rolling out addresses this problem. Evidently, some Polestar owners have been able to install the update, but haven't heard of any Volvo people getting it yet. Here's a story (also above) about the update:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I believe that the OTA update that Volvo is now rolling out addresses this problem. Evidently, some Polestar owners have been able to install the update, but haven't heard of any Volvo people getting it yet. Here's a story (also above) about the update:

But what about those of us in the US?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Called Volvo Corporate USA. She said she expects this to be resolved "by April", but they are still waiting for guidance from Sweden. I take that to mean April 1.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I'm new to Volvo ownership, but bought the XC40 Recharge last week with the expectation of delivery this week. They gave me a VIN and everything. Sold my Macan last Saturday, and now all this. I'd even be okay with it if they would just communicate. As is stands I'm starting to think maybe I'd be better off pulling out of the deal and going elsewhere -- but I know the XC40 is the best option for me. Anybody have updates? Advice? Decent whiskey recommendations?

·
Registered
2020 XC40 R-Design, Glacier Silver, Polestar
8 Posts
I'm new to Volvo ownership, but bought the XC40 Recharge last week with the expectation of delivery this week. They gave me a VIN and everything. Sold my Macan last Saturday, and now all this. I'd even be okay with it if they would just communicate. As is stands I'm starting to think maybe I'd be better off pulling out of the deal and going elsewhere -- but I know the XC40 is the best option for me. Anybody have updates? Advice? Decent whiskey recommendations?
When my car was delayed, I pushed the dealer to supply a loaner. I drove a 2 year old XC90 while waiting for my 2020 R-Design.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Deposit in October 2019, ordered in November 2020, watched the boat arrive in New Jersey port in early February. While I'm glad I had my Evoque for the recent bad weather, it continues to depreciate as I wait for the XC40 Recharge. Wanted to trade it in so at least I get the tax savings too. My phone call with corporate didn't offer much, but a 'likely by April'....

Prefer Scotch myself - Macallan 18, but the tariffs make it too expensive. Blue Label has been a good substitute.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Deposit in October 2019, ordered in November 2020, watched the boat arrive in New Jersey port in early February. While I'm glad I had my Evoque for the recent bad weather, it continues to depreciate as I wait for the XC40 Recharge. Wanted to trade it in so at least I get the tax savings too. My phone call with corporate didn't offer much, but a 'likely by April'....

Prefer Scotch myself - Macallan 18, but the tariffs make it too expensive. Blue Label has been a good substitute.
In the big picture, these are pretty small problems I guess. They offered $4k less on the trade than what I had elsewhere so I was glad to offload the Macan. Loved that car but a waste for the daily commute that has started back up. I figured worst case I'd have to rent a car for a week. Hopefully I can get a loaner but not sure. Clearly you all are committed and understandably more frustrated than I am. We all just want our cars. I'm sure Volvo wants us to have them, too. I just wish they would give more clear info so we could plan accordingly.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Wow. $4k difference. Out of curiosity, how does Vroom compare to what you got?
Vroom was $970 less than what I got. I had gotten a few online quotes through KBB, Vroom, Autonation, and then last Saturday I drove around to the most promising options. When the third dealer's best offer was the same as the other two, I figured it was the best I was going to do. It also was the Porsche dealer where I'd bought it so there was trust there too. I wasn't willing to do a full-on private listing to get the absolute best price -- plus I was wanting to get a deal done quickly so I would have the cash to pay for the XC40 this weekend. Little did I know that would not be a problem lol.

1 - 20 of 336 Posts