Volvo XC40 Forum banner

301 - 320 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unfortunately, Over the Air updates are not available yet. The car needs to return to the Retailer. Important to know, once the SW is updated, all three keys must be present in the car when provisioning the Volvo On Call app to your phone.
Thank you very much! Good to know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any western folks out there who have actually gotten their P8's which came on the ship Tulane starting about ten days ago? My dealer still can't give me a firm date for delivery. Though my car is not being officially "held" at the port, it is still there at Port Hueneme, CA.
Hmmmm...mine came into Port Hueneme, CA on the Morning Lena on March 9 and the last email I got from Jeff was on 3/17 saying late March or early April delivery. My dealer (San Luis Obispo, CA) says he's waiting on 4 and has one on the lot he can't sell because of the heat pump issue. Sigh...wonder if I can roll my deposit to a 2022 model?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Woot an insider :)

did anyone on here have a P8 arrive at Port Hueneme yesterday? If so any news from your dealers on getting it?

mine is on the same ship (aniria) which is plodding to Tacoma and will be there the 24th.

Finished getting my Covid coverage today ( 2 weeks after 2nd dose). The car coming next would be wonderfully perfect :)

Would it been awful going through this buying process without this forum .... a shame Volvo does not advertise it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The software should be available at Volvo Retailers next week (week of April 25). Volvo On Call should be ready to provision at the same time. Roadside assistance (VOC button) and SOS button have always been functional.
Will Volvo dealership reach out to us and let us know we can bring car in for an update? Mine didn’t seem to know about any of these issues.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Will Volvo dealership reach out to us and let us know we can bring car in for an update? Mine didn’t seem to know about any of these issues.
They don't know because this is very late information. Everything should kick off next week with information flowing to Retailers as well as to Customers. Software should be available, the Apple version of the VOC app will likely be released in the Apple app store by the middle of next week.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Hmmmm...mine came into Port Hueneme, CA on the Morning Lena on March 9 and the last email I got from Jeff was on 3/17 saying late March or early April delivery. My dealer (San Luis Obispo, CA) says he's waiting on 4 and has one on the lot he can't sell because of the heat pump issue. Sigh...wonder if I can roll my deposit to a 2022 model?
Cars will begin to flow out of the ports early next week. They are being updated with the new software which is just being released.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cars will begin to flow out of the ports early next week. They are being updated with the new software which is just being released.
Chris, thank you very much for being on here and providing information! I pre-ordered in early January, 2020, and the car has been in port since mid-Feb 2021 ... so over sixteen months. And lack of information and communication has been a challenge during that time. I appreciate your updates.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Chris, thank you very much for being on here and providing information! I pre-ordered in early January, 2020, and the car has been in port since mid-Feb 2021 ... so over sixteen months. And lack of information and communication has been a challenge during that time. I appreciate your updates.
westmo, I can only apologize. It is Volvo's intent to provide the best quality level to ensure an optimum customer experience. It has been a moving target but that is no excuse for the poor communication flow.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't mind. I work for Volvo Cars.
Chris, thank you - you are helping clear some of the murkiness surrounding several initial launch issues inflicting the P8 not related to safety recall delays.

Here's another one regarding another puzzling situation. The prevalent system software currently out there is as follows:

Kernel-version date: #1 Fri Jan 8 16:53:12 CEST 2021
Build-number: QA1A.201017.002.ARTINFO.QAB.1-163-ge59708ebe

Does this Jan 8 Kernel version indicate the Week 5 release (updated in cars at port & dealer lots as of 26.2.2021) and not the most recent OTA for the Mid-March release that apparently got installed in European models on Week 9 manually at dealerships via OTA on week 11 according to info on their sites? On my screen with this same Kernel version as above, there's a selection slider switch for turning Automatic Updates (presumably, that means OTA) to ON/OFF. And that being the case, why isn't OTA available for doing these upcoming software updates involving a dealer visit next week? Are we that far behind here in the USA and Canada with OTA functionality?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Chris, thank you - you are helping clear some of the murkiness surrounding several initial launch issues inflicting the P8 not related to safety recall delays.

Here's another one regarding another puzzling situation. The prevalent system software currently out there is as follows:

Kernel-version date: #1 Fri Jan 8 16:53:12 CEST 2021
Build-number: QA1A.201017.002.ARTINFO.QAB.1-163-ge59708ebe

Does this Jan 8 Kernel version indicate the Week 5 release (updated in cars at port & dealer lots as of 26.2.2021) and not the most recent OTA for the Mid-March release that apparently got installed in European models on Week 9 manually at dealerships via OTA on week 11 according to info on their sites? On my screen with this same Kernel version as above, there's a selection slider switch for turning Automatic Updates (presumably, that means OTA) to ON/OFF. And that being the case, why isn't OTA available for doing these upcoming software updates involving a dealer visit next week? Are we that far behind here in the USA and Canada with OTA functionality?
blitzswede, those kernel versions and build number do not refer to the software status. The last software update was available via VIDA at Volvo Retailers week 12 (week of March 21). The next update will be available week 17 (week of April 25). Yes, that switch allows OTA. However OTA is not yet released in North America as there have been network issues with high error rates during testing. Once those issues are resolved, OTA will be turned on for North America. I do not yet have a date for North American OTA release yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
blitzswede, those kernel versions and build number do not refer to the software status. The last software update was available via VIDA at Volvo Retailers week 12 (week of March 21). The next update will be available week 17 (week of April 25). Yes, that switch allows OTA. However OTA is not yet released in North America as there have been network issues with high error rates during testing. Once those issues are resolved, OTA will be turned on for North America. I do not yet have a date for North American OTA release yet.
IN the owners manual in the centre display under setting it shows the following:

Model: V316BEV
Version: 6.2.0(20w38)
Part Number : 32343083AA
Content Update: 25-Mar-2021
Change Number: 20w37
Language: us

Does the above give the information regarding the latest update the car rec'd in terms of its software?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Got it - that clarifies things and also explains why the default setting was OFF for OTA selection in the car!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
IN the owners manual in the centre display under setting it shows the following:

Model: V316BEV
Version: 6.2.0(20w38)
Part Number : 32343083AA
Content Update: 25-Mar-2021
Change Number: 20w37
Language: us

Does the above give the information regarding the latest update the car rec'd in terms of its software?
Welland, This is information regarding the release version of the owner's manual itself, not the level of vehicle software. It is not possible for a user to see the level of software in the car.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Just a quick update to all. The vehicle software has launched successfully and is available at Volvo Retailers this week. Unfortunately, the Volvo On Call app is not yet functioning as well as it should. Hopefully it will be available in the next coming weeks. More info as it becomes available.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just a quick update to all. The vehicle software has launched successfully and is available at Volvo Retailers this week. Unfortunately, the Volvo On Call app is not yet functioning as well as it should. Hopefully it will be available in the next coming weeks. More info as it becomes available.
Now all we need is someone (wink, wink Chris) to sneak the files out onto the interwebs so that we can put it on a flash drive and update the cars ourselves (wink, wink). That's how I got around paying for the BMW and Range Rover map updates....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks Chris - so the software update being released is to fix the Heat pump/AC issue? Or is there more to it? Since I do not have a heat pump is there a need for me to make an appointment with the dealer to get the update?
The main item I am looking for is the VOC app with the ability to schedule off peak electricity Charging.

301 - 320 of 329 Posts