Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one disappointed by the YouTube Music app in Android Automotive? The website and the Android phone app have bunches of automatic playlists (like Mix 1, Mix 2, etc) but none of them appear in the car. I have a Favorites automatic playlist is 4022 songs in it. The Favorites in the car has about 20. The car app has a setting to control how many songs will be downloaded in the background but after parking the car for a week in the garage, where it is connected to a solid WiFi network, none have been downloaded.

I can't even find anywhere online where Google provides support for Android Automotive apps.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I had posted a while back that the YTM app on the Volvo is garbage. I wound up paying for Spotify becasue it works great. YTM would also shuffle my list, but then play things alphabetically and never make is pasts artists beginning with C. It would forget where it left off periodically and start the playlist all over again.

I pay for YT so was hoping YTM would be decent. I am hoping the rumor of a YT Lite (videos only, no music) comes around as I would stop paying them for half of a service that does not work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have also posted about YTM being terrible. It does well with artwork, whilst bluetooth streaming lacks artwork being even more painful on that lovely big screen. Any playlists I make manually sync over just fine, but this infuriating app can't manange to play on random/shuffle - try it - any playlist with at least, say, 100 tracks on it, turn on shuffle, and it'll shuffle the first 50, or fewer. Terrible.
Downloading of tracks may be a premium feature for paying users, but an app that actually works won't be!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts