Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of waiting for the introduction of the new XC-40, I finally ordered mine yesterday. That's the good news. The sad news is that delivery is estimated to be mid-March. It will be a long cold winter but cannot wait for March to roll around.

Here is how mine is equipped:
  • T5 AWD Momentum
    • Amazon Blue with White Roof & Mirror Caps
    • Charcoal Leather Interior with Blond Headliner
    • 19” White Spoke Wheels
    • Sensus Navigation
    • Power Driver Seat with Memory
    • Power Passenger Seat
    • Power Lumbar Support
    • Power Foldable Mirrors
    • Power Tailgate
    • Panoramic Sunroof
    • Intellisafe Surround
    • Park Assist 360
    • Heated Steering Wheel
    • Sport Steering Wheel
    • LED Headlights with Active Bending
    • Smartphone Integration with Apple Car Play
    • Inductive Charging for Smartphone
    • Auto Dimmed Inner & Outer Mirrors
    • Plus all Standard Momentum Equipment
Let us know what you have ordered and how it is configured.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats on the new XC-40! At least you can start looking around for accessories in the mean time to make the wait seem shorter. How much was the final price of your configuration?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congratulations..
See you get it earlier. I got told mid May and ordered 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I see you got the Intro model then you get it sooner then me..

I will get the XC40 R-Design T4 MY19 model in May.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Glad to have a soon to be XC40 owner on the forum. Since there are so many SUV's out there to choose from i'm curious to know what made you go for the XC40 over its rivals if you were looking into them as well?
Not always do you see someone buying a Volvo!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Been driving Volvo all my life.. So not looking at other brands.

After I test drove the old XC60 I was hooked on the SUV experience.. But since I can't afford a XC60 I could not buy a SUV.
And after they revealed the 40.1 concept.. I knew this was the car for me if I could afford it off course.

Price is steep but can afford it. So happy to finally get a Volvo SUV.

Have to wait till May next year..
Read that the production of the Intro models has started Wednesday the 8th.. So lots of people will be getting the XC40 sooner.

But looking forward to what the press is going to say about the XC40 when there getting to drive it.. End November beginning of December I believe in Barcelona Spain.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Been driving Volvo all my life.. So not looking at other brands.

After I test drove the old XC60 I was hooked on the SUV experience.. But since I can't afford a XC60 I could not buy a SUV.
And after they revealed the 40.1 concept.. I knew this was the car for me if I could afford it off course.

Price is steep but can afford it. So happy to finally get a Volvo SUV.

Have to wait till May next year..
Read that the production of the Intro models has started Wednesday the 8th.. So lots of people will be getting the XC40 sooner.

But looking forward to what the press is going to say about the XC40 when there getting to drive it.. End November beginning of December I believe in Barcelona Spain.
If you have a chance to test out the new S90, that would be a way to gain some interesting perspective on the brand because as it stands that about the best thing they have to offer the market right now.

I have high expectations of Swedish companies, so I always tend to look in that direction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered mine here in the UK.

I ordered the XC40 First Edition T5 AWD in Crystal White, 20" Alloys and Lava Orange Carpets.

It's due 16th March and I can't wait.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine here in the UK.

I ordered the XC40 First Edition T5 AWD in Crystal White, 20" Alloys and Lava Orange Carpets.

It's due 16th March and I can't wait.
Exactly Same spec ordered ..... Great to see that Volvo knows how to do a first edition with all the toys added at a knock-down price - Had a Jaguar F Pace first Edition and didn't even come with all the bits that were stated on the promo material, let alone all of the toys!

Bring on late March :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had the opportunity to buy a first edition but just couldn't grow to love the orange carpet or the Alcantara seats. We bought a momentum in osmium gray with blonde interior. A little boring on the outside but it's so nice....who cares?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All,

Picking up my XC40 this afternoon. This is my 3rd Volvo. I am thinking for the extended VIP Warranty. Does anyone have any opinions/experience and what the cost is.

Any info appreciated!

Lynn

·
Registered
60 Posts
Keep Shopping

Warrantys are a bit like insurance rather than a pure economic judgement. Usually they are not worth it and a profit center for the dealer. But if you have a major system go bad off warranty it can be expensive. Lots to think about, a Volvo warranty would presumably be good at any Volvo dealer but what if you need work not at a dealer? Other companies cover work anywhere but make sure of what is covered, seriously big point, seeems like a game to not cover all items. And what about the deductible ?. I am ordering 'my' Volvo under the subscription system so it does not matter to me. A friend of mine who is a good mechanic (restores old cars) has a plug in Volvo said it is so complicated they might as well weld the hood shut. Usually (Ford, Jeep, others?) you can order a warranty within the first three years, so hold off a bit, see how you like the car. Also some dealers (at least at Ford & Jeep) sell warrantys nationally at a bit of a discount you do not have to buy from the local dealer only. Could save a few$$ if that is most important.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts