Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I just got my XC40 10 days ago. Today I went to take a drive and I noticed very prominent lines on the sensor cluster, which I haven't noticed before. Am I crazy or these lines appeared all of the sudden? Does everybody have them? I really don't recall seeing them before.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
44 Posts
Hi!
I just got my XC40 10 days ago. Today I went to take a drive and I noticed very prominent lines on the sensor cluster, which I haven't noticed before. Am I crazy or these lines appeared all of the sudden? Does everybody have them? I really don't recall seeing them before.

View attachment 458
Mine also has the yellow lines so i guess its normal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answers. I really can't believe I didn't see them before, since they are so prominent. I swear I didn't see them on the dealer's cars. I will stop by to double check next time I go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi!

View attachment 458
They're defrost heating circuits similar to what you see in rear windows of cars. They turn on and melt snow / ice depending the temperature automatically. It's a feature that helps the vision cameras clear of obstruction.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Now that's cool! (No joke intended) If there's one for the front camera, I'll be really impressed. Add a washer to it and I may have to have a lie-down to recover from the excitement.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yup... its normal...its a heating element defroster to get rid of fogging and ice to ensure the camera has a clear road vision,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Too bad we haven't had any snow or freezing rain to test the seat and wheel heaters, or those little yellow lines. Here on the US Mid-Atlantic, we have had ample occasion to test the air conditioning.
temps are running in the high 80's to low 90's (30+ C). I haven't tried the "close when hot" feature for the roof. Yet. The visit from Tropical Storm Fay did give a chance to test the windshield wipers, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts