Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to relay my experience with my XC40....

I am happy with my XC40. I haven't had too many issues with the vehicle. Occasional spotify issue or restart of software needed. Lost adaptive cruise control once and needed to restart. I use adaptive cruise control a lot and works reasonably well.

I was debating the numerous electric vehicles in the category.

I dislike the egg shape of the model 3 / Y. I have read the ride quality is subpar compared to the Volvo. And also the steering is twitchy requiring more micro adjustments. Obviously much better resale value that the Volvo and better software, better range, electric charging availability. I use it mainly as a commuter so range is not as much of a concern for me.

I adore the look of the Polestar 2 but only 1 cup holder annoys me. It is longer than the XC40 and lower height.

One of the main factors was the smaller dimension (length) and increased ride height / ground clearance of the XC40. For a person who likes smaller cars and to weave in / out traffic the XC40 is perfect with the best finish / suspension / steering response. I feel confident in its sudden breaking ... especially in sudden stop traffic. I worry about getting rear ended more. It has good visibility for lane changes.

I drive it like a sports car and it behaves like one and is visually unique. My trade in vehicle was a Jeep GC SRT.

I've enjoyed my XC40 and wanted to relay my thoughts to those who may be considering it...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great write-up @Gutti —- mimics our experience too. We had a Model 3 Perf; it drove very harshly, with little reward. We had a model Y LR AWD, and it was the same. My wife prefers her XC40 over the other options.

I recently acquired a 2022 Polestar 2, and the interior is nice, but as you said, the XC40 has a better interior for useful cup holder placement, amongst other things. I prefer the handling of the Polestar, but for commuting, the XC40 is still just a nicer place to be. Both are solid cars, but the Volvo is pragmatic, and still a BLAST!

Enjoy your car in good health (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts