Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey XC40 lovers,

I didn't find an open thread on this subject, so I wanted to start one to discuss all the tips/tricks/secrets that the XC40 can offer. Sure, you could read the full manual and know all that your baby has to offer, but if you don’t have the time to do that, we could post what we most love about the XC40 and possibly help others in the process. I'll start it off - the front fog lights have a corning function that illuminate the area in which you’re turning.

What else would you like to share?

·
Registered
64 Posts
There's a few neat features in the XC40 like a removable waste bin in the central console. They know exactly what car driver do in times of need. :D Also of note is the fact that the armrest lifts to create a space the exact size of a box of tissues. Stick a box in and give it a try.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I wish Polstar offered products we could buy similar to what BMW does with M Parts, that way a topic like this and of course what we end up doing on an affordable level would improve!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trunk

you can open/close/stop the movement of trunk
  • by holding/pressing button on key
  • by holding/pressing the button on left side of steering on the dash
  • by pressing the button on the trunk, just above the license plate
  • by kicking below the trunk on the center-left side
  • two buttons under the trunk lid
I really like having multiple options :grin

·
Registered
70 Posts
Business usage tracker

For those using the Volvo XC 40 for business, there is a very neat tool available to keep track of your mileage for business/tax purposes. It even can monitor actual gas usage so your figures would be accurate.

Use the Volvo On Call app and enable "Drive Journaling"

When this option is enabled, the system logs every trip you make. When you select the Driving Journal (last choice) it will display a summary of all your trips.

From this screen, you can press the radio button on the right and you can categorize this trip, e.g. "Business"

What is incredibly neat is that once a month (or whatever frequency you need), you can press "Edit" and now you can select some or all entries, press the email icon and email yourself a text or MS Excel file of your trips. This file contains beginning odometer, source address, destination address, distance traveled, time and gas usage. If you bill a client, you can generate a very professional looking invoice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts