Volvo XC40 Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yikes! What happens to the $1000 deposit for custom build if the dealer will only sell above MSRP and you walk away? I thought I was putting down the $1000 deposit in order to buy a car at MSRP. Seems very dishonest to crank the price up after deposit deal, no?
Where is your vehicle? Any ETA to Boston?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm still assuming I will pay the MSRP plus tax, of course, and get the governmental incentives myself. The ship with my car on it reached Savannah a couple of days ago, but is now en route to Panama. Volvo sent me the link to the ship tracker, but didn't tell me where the car would be unloaded. I originally thought it would be offloaded in Savannah because that was the given destination on the ship tracker, but now that it is headed to Panama I'm guessing it will take my car and many others through the canal and up to California. The tracker only shows the ETA to Panama, not to California. It looks like it's going to take a bit longer than I thought. I have already pre-sold my existing car (2011 Leaf) for almost twice what the Volvo dealer offered as a trade-in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased two USB-A female to USB-C on Amazon for less than $10. Hope that would help with your music problem. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVX3516/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the link. I'm sure it's easily solved. But it's little things like this that make it hard to judge a car in a short test drive. For example, as I was driving I realized I hadn't adjusted the side mirrors, only the regular rear view mirror. I clouldn't adjust it while on the freeway because the controls were in black on the door armrest and I didn't want to fiddle blindly as I was driving.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My car is at the port in New York. Hard to believe it could be that difficult to fix this issue. But even harder to believe any car left the factory without Volvo on Call. Aye aye aye.

On another note, has anyone researched a bike rack?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car is at the port in New York. Hard to believe it could be that difficult to fix this issue. But even harder to believe any car left the factory without Volvo on Call. Aye aye aye.

Mine is in Port Hueneme north of LA - Same issue about fixing the On Call app

·
Registered
14 Posts

What about the bike rack? I ordered mine with a tow hitch. Saw that it came with a ball hitch. When I asked Volvo about a bike rack, they said I could easily remove the ball hitch to install a bike rack. Is that what you meant?

·
Registered
39 Posts
What about the bike rack? I ordered mine with a tow hitch. Saw that it came with a ball hitch. When I asked Volvo about a bike rack, they said I could easily remove the ball hitch to install a bike rack. Is that what you meant?
I ordered mine with a tow hitch as well. What I meant was a bike rack that works well with this car. Volvo makes one, but it doesn't appear to be available in the U.S. I've had this design before and really like it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does that include ones already en route, i.e. aboard a ship, or just new shipments from Europe?
I emailed Volvo corporate and got this response: "I'm afraid that it does include your Recharge - this affects all 2021 XC40 Recharges." There is no ETA. So, mine sits a five- or six-hour drive away in NJ. Frustrating. Such an incredibly dumb oversight/mistake on the part of Volvo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I emailed Volvo corporate and got this response: "I'm afraid that it does include your Recharge - this affects all 2021 XC40 Recharges." There is no ETA. So, mine sits a five- or six-hour drive away in NJ. Frustrating. Such an incredibly dumb oversight/mistake on the part of Volvo.
I ordered mine with a tow hitch as well. What I meant was a bike rack that works well with this car. Volvo makes one, but it doesn't appear to be available in the U.S. I've had this design before and really like it.
We have electric bikes and they are too heavy for normal bike racks. So we purchased one from Thule that looks very similar to the one Volvo is selling in Europe. We are currently using the Thule rack on our XC60. I am assuming I can continue to use the Thule rack on the XC40 Recharge.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We have electric bikes and they are too heavy for normal bike racks. So we purchased one from Thule that looks very similar to the one Volvo is selling in Europe. We are currently using the Thule rack on our XC60. I am assuming I can continue to use the Thule rack on the XC40 Recharge.
I've seen some good Thules, but one bike has fenders--a problem on some of the tray racks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Accessories for US Spec Volvo XC40 P8 can be found on this site:
Pack & Load - XC40 2021 P8 (Pure electric) - Volvo Cars Accessories

The US hitch is a square receiver to accept different accessories. Thule makes most of the Volvo original accessories. A platform bike rack is not available through Volvo in the US, only the hanging rack type. The rack shown in the video above is available only in Europe.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts