Volvo XC40 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just got this email from Volvo:
I am very happy to report that your XC40 Recharge (VIN: YV4ED3UR9M2** has finished production, and is now in transit to the United States aboard the transport ship FIDELIO. The link I provided will allow you to track the ship all the way to the U.S. I should note that MarineTraffic.com is a third-party site, and Volvo Car USA is not responsible for any information posted there.

I blanked out part of the VIN out of an abundance of caution. I still haven't had a chance to test drive one.
Can you provide the link where you track the vessel?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll take a look for Bjorn's video on that. I've been listening to his advice since the P2 forum users mentioned him. I look a test drive in the XC40 Recharge last week. It checks a lot of the boxes the P2 doesn't. Headroom, heat pump, spare tire, mud flaps, rear seat room, rear wiper blade, proper two cup holders. I like the sunroof shade and power sunroof. This is for sure a better family car for me. I did a very crude range calculation while driving in cold weather. 318 km range is what I figure. I have dealer pricing for both now. I'll likely need to choose in the next couple of weeks.
I checked with Volvo via email and they confirmed that the Recharge EV does not have a spare tire, but comes with an emergency tire repair kit. (A Volvo website erroneously says it comes with a spare. Let's hope they correct that.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Moving this post into the correct forum

Have about 900 miles now on our our P8 and really fits our needs perfectly. Real world range at 75mph is a bit less than advertised but works fine for us. MORE fun to drive than our M4 in many ways. Some quirky things going on on the drivers display but I bet it will get fixed on the over the air updates. Switches back to KPH while driving and Trip information is nowhere to be found Not going to worry about it for now.
Did my first FAST charger recharge yesterday and got 50% capacity addition in 35 minutes while grabbing lunch.
Charge rate at home for my 30 amp 220v outlet using the supplied cord is 14miles per hour. If i had a 50 amp outlet it would be more. I had to adjust the charge rate in the car to keep it from blowing the breaker. Fine for us.
Blows away the Tesla Y IMO for fit and finish. Not one person has noticed that it is an EV yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
BTW for those of us who have an XC40 recharge on the Liberty, here is a photo from yesterday of the ship transiting the Panama Canal, due to arrive in Port Hueneme in southern california on Feb 11

·
Registered
30 Posts
Moving this post into the correct forum

Have about 900 miles now on our our P8 and really fits our needs perfectly. Real world range at 75mph is a bit less than advertised but works fine for us. MORE fun to drive than our M4 in many ways. Some quirky things going on on the drivers display but I bet it will get fixed on the over the air updates. Switches back to KPH while driving and Trip information is nowhere to be found Not going to worry about it for now.
Did my first FAST charger recharge yesterday and got 50% capacity addition in 35 minutes while grabbing lunch.
Charge rate at home for my 30 amp 220v outlet using the supplied cord is 14miles per hour. If i had a 50 amp outlet it would be more. I had to adjust the charge rate in the car to keep it from blowing the breaker. Fine for us.
Blows away the Tesla Y IMO for fit and finish. Not one person has noticed that it is an EV yet.
I'd love to hear more about your real world range and in what temperatures...even better would be what the readout on your guage cluster shows for efficiency (it should give you kWh/ 100 miles). My concern is also that it tells you percentage, not an estimated miles like a GOM in every other EV. Even though GOMs aren't necessarily super accurate they're more useful than just telling me "67%", and getting more accurate in newer vehicles like the MachE. If I need to run 4 errands that day and know it's about 80 miles of driving, a GOM that said "110 miles" would make me fairly confident I'd be fine, but an indicator that says "42%" would leave me clueless if I have enough range to finish my errands without charging.

Also, any update from Volvo on if/when SiriusXM is coming?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I test drove an XC40 Recharge today. I liked it for comfort and handling. I really liked the added seat height over what I'm used to (Leaf) and the black leather was nice. The one pedal driving will take some getting used to, but I could tell I was adapting even during the short test drive. There were some minor irritations. Every time I stopped at a stop light or even slowed down below 10MPH or so the car dinged at me and displayed "Car not parked OK". I felt like I should do something, but I didn't know what. Another thing is it only had a USB-C drive. All my music is on a regular USB stick and my computer doesn't have a USB-C drive so I don't have any easy way to get it onto a USB-C drive even if I had one. There must be a way to get it done, but offhand I don't know what it is. Maybe there's an adapter. I don't use Spotify or other music services. I used Google Assistant to turn on the A/C since it was a sunny day and the interior was quite hot, but when I told it to increase the fan speed it said I had to sign in to my Google Account for that, so I skipped it. There was no way to easily test Android Auto without signing in or pairing it to my phone, I think. I like the simple, clean main screen. I test drove the XC60 PHEV a year ago and I thought the controls were too cluttered from having both gas and electric controls. Bottom line: I see no reason at this point to cancel my order. Assuming everything works out pricewise as I expect, I should have the car in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There were some minor irritations. Every time I stopped at a stop light or even slowed down below 10MPH or so the car dinged at me and displayed "Car not parked OK". I felt like I should do something, but I didn't know what. Another thing is it only had a USB-C drive.
Hello fellow Leaf --> XC40 Recharger!
I had that "car not parked" message coming on my Recharge for the first 4 days- I was going insane. Finally took it back to the dealer, who was totally surprised that it did that. They said they had to "call Sweden" to figure out the fix, but 2 days later, I got my car back and it doesn't do that anymore. Before you drive yours off the lot, make sure that's fixed - there's no way for you to turn it off with the cars controls. It's likely they don't even know it's doing it.
I only discovered the USB-C drive thing this morning when I tried to plug my phone in. Weird, for sure, but I guess an easy fix with a new cable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had that "car not parked" message coming on my Recharge for the first 4 days- I was going insane. Finally took it back to the dealer, who was totally surprised that it did that. They said they had to "call Sweden" to figure out the fix, but 2 days later, I got my car back and it doesn't do that anymore. Before you drive yours off the lot, make sure that's fixed - there's no way for you to turn it off with the cars controls. It's likely they don't even know it's doing it.
I only discovered the USB-C drive thing this morning when I tried to plug my phone in. Weird, for sure, but I guess an easy fix with a new cable.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not getting the "car not parked" warning. But my car is stuck on KPH most of the time and does not show any trip info (including the kwh/100miles). Occasionally it will randomly show MPH and then a usage of 30-40kwh/100miles.
At 75mph steady driving at 65 degrees F we are getting a range of about 175 miles for 90% of battery.
Did a round trip yesterday of 138 miles all at about 70-75 mph and got home with 18% (starting with 89%)
So basically I wont plan anything more than 175 miles at speed. But if I drove slower it would get closer to advertised distance I think. Also we have the roof racks with large pads for paddle boards that probably affect mileage also.
I have no idea how far we have actually driven the car since i cant find an Odometer or the Trip info when its on KPH.
Expecting this to be fixed by dealer later or by software update so not going to worry about it now.

The google maps is easy to use and will quickly tell you the battery life you will have when you arrive at your destination.
This system works well and seems to underestimate by about 3%. For me this quick voice entry of your destination eliminates some of the "range anxiety". The locations of chargers seems to work perfectly also, but you need to do your homework as some private gated chargers are also shown.

Most of the time this car is just my wife's daily runabout car and she absolutely loves it. 150 miles is a long day of running around so she has never had a range issue.
The music apps are working great and Harmon sound system is nice. Interesting that there is no AM radio. But with Iheart and other apps its not an issue. The seats fold flat enough to get a full size bike in the back easily, nice for such a small SUV.
Hopefully the Volvo on Call app will be working soon so we can schedule re-charging for late night.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sarah, did you pay the MSRP quoted by Volvo at the time of configuration or did the dealer try to increase the price? The salesman I talked to at the test drive said that the price Volvo gave me was after the federal incentive, which I'm sure is wrong. In effect that would be giving the $7500 to the dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sarah, did you pay the MSRP quoted by Volvo at the time of configuration or did the dealer try to increase the price? The salesman I talked to at the test drive said that the price Volvo gave me was after the federal incentive, which I'm sure is wrong. In effect that would be giving the $7500 to the dealer.
Wow. Thief.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yikes. I paid MSRP... and still qualify for the federal incentive which I'll handle on my own. The dealer DID handle the state credit ($1,500 in CA) which came out of the fees at purchase. But, kind of a weird story... I had actually ordered one from one dealer... and then randomly called another dealer (honestly just to see if they would give me a different delivery date because I have no clue how dealers work and if they get access to different inventory). Instead they said they had one on the lot and could sell it... at MSRP. We literally jumped in the car and raced down there... where they then tried to say that actually it has a $5,000 markup. I explained that I already had one on order for MSRP that I planned to wait for, I came here because they said they had one today. After kind of an awkward standoff, they sold it to me at MSRP.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yikes. I paid MSRP... and still qualify for the federal incentive which I'll handle on my own. The dealer DID handle the state credit ($1,500 in CA) which came out of the fees at purchase. But, kind of a weird story... I had actually ordered one from one dealer... and then randomly called another dealer (honestly just to see if they would give me a different delivery date because I have no clue how dealers work and if they get access to different inventory). Instead they said they had one on the lot and could sell it... at MSRP. We literally jumped in the car and raced down there... where they then tried to say that actually it has a $5,000 markup. I explained that I already had one on order for MSRP that I planned to wait for, I came here because they said they had one today. After kind of an awkward standoff, they sold it to me at MSRP.
That's what I thought. Dealers are trying to get a big markup if they can. It's good to know that they're willing to sell at MSRP. If my dealer tries the same thing, I'll just go to another dealer and buy off the lot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yikes! What happens to the $1000 deposit for custom build if the dealer will only sell above MSRP and you walk away? I thought I was putting down the $1000 deposit in order to buy a car at MSRP. Seems very dishonest to crank the price up after deposit deal, no?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I test drove an XC40 Recharge today. I liked it for comfort and handling. I really liked the added seat height over what I'm used to (Leaf) and the black leather was nice. The one pedal driving will take some getting used to, but I could tell I was adapting even during the short test drive. There were some minor irritations. Every time I stopped at a stop light or even slowed down below 10MPH or so the car dinged at me and displayed "Car not parked OK". I felt like I should do something, but I didn't know what. Another thing is it only had a USB-C drive. All my music is on a regular USB stick and my computer doesn't have a USB-C drive so I don't have any easy way to get it onto a USB-C drive even if I had one. There must be a way to get it done, but offhand I don't know what it is. Maybe there's an adapter. I don't use Spotify or other music services. I used Google Assistant to turn on the A/C since it was a sunny day and the interior was quite hot, but when I told it to increase the fan speed it said I had to sign in to my Google Account for that, so I skipped it. There was no way to easily test Android Auto without signing in or pairing it to my phone, I think. I like the simple, clean main screen. I test drove the XC60 PHEV a year ago and I thought the controls were too cluttered from having both gas and electric controls. Bottom line: I see no reason at this point to cancel my order. Assuming everything works out pricewise as I expect, I should have the car in a couple of weeks.
I purchased two USB-A female to USB-C on Amazon for less than $10. Hope that would help with your music problem. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CVX3516/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I thought. Dealers are trying to get a big markup if they can. It's good to know that they're willing to sell at MSRP. If my dealer tries the same thing, I'll just go to another dealer and buy off the lot.
The Seattle dealership is offering 2 demo models for sale at MSRP. They might also offer a $1000 loyalty discount if you are a current Volvo owner.

141 - 160 of 177 Posts