Volvo XC40 Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
There aren't really any comparison reviews out there between the P2 and the XC40 but one comment I noticed was from YouTube electric car reviewer Bjorn Nyland who said the seats in the XC40 are much more comfortable and he got "sweaty" very easily in the P2 seats and didn't like them, and they don't have ventilation so there wasn't anything he could do about that sweatiness. But he loved the XC40 seats. That's really the only comparison he gave other than saying they're both pretty **** inefficient =)
I'll take a look for Bjorn's video on that. I've been listening to his advice since the P2 forum users mentioned him. I look a test drive in the XC40 Recharge last week. It checks a lot of the boxes the P2 doesn't. Headroom, heat pump, spare tire, mud flaps, rear seat room, rear wiper blade, proper two cup holders. I like the sunroof shade and power sunroof. This is for sure a better family car for me. I did a very crude range calculation while driving in cold weather. 318 km range is what I figure. I have dealer pricing for both now. I'll likely need to choose in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll take a look for Bjorn's video on that. I've been listening to his advice since the P2 forum users mentioned him. I look a test drive in the XC40 Recharge last week. It checks a lot of the boxes the P2 doesn't. Headroom, heat pump, spare tire, mud flaps, rear seat room, rear wiper blade, proper two cup holders. I like the sunroof shade and power sunroof. This is for sure a better family car for me. I did a very crude range calculation while driving in cold weather. 318 km range is what I figure. I have dealer pricing for both now. I'll likely need to choose in the next couple of weeks.
Haha honestly if the P2 service distance issue wasn't a deal breaker for me the cupholder situation would've been. I'm imagining one engineer going "one cupholder should be enough right?" and then everyone else was like "yeah, but maybe throw another one into the center arm storage just in case, that should be fine" and everyone said "ok cool we're done here, no one will hate that" and they all went to lunch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha honestly if the P2 service distance issue wasn't a deal breaker for me the cupholder situation would've been. I'm imagining one engineer going "one cupholder should be enough right?" and then everyone else was like "yeah, but maybe throw another one into the center arm storage just in case, that should be fine" and everyone said "ok cool we're done here, no one will hate that" and they all went to lunch.
LOL!
The P2 is a sexy car, I like the idea of having a sports car but at this point the Volvo will probably be what I go with. It's several thousand cheaper even at 3.9 % financing. Ride height and visibility is great. I watched a "State of Charge" episode and the demo car he had maxed out at 32 amps AC charging. I would like to make use of my 48amp juice box charging at 11kw if possible.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts