Volvo XC40 Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

Registered
Westmo , I did almost the same as you, but want the 360 camera, so clicked Advanced
Red, 20s, no bling, heat pump, heated wheel (gotta have that after the Volt!), mud flaps yes
But I will get mats 3rd party
Total was just under $60K so should get full NYS $2K credit plus Fed
Literally decided to drop Polestar2 and go for XC40 the day before the price announcement, which means i suffered for over a year waiting for the OTHER one, whereas seems like you folks have suffered here for the past year. Let鈥檚 all have a good cry together, what? 馃槶 hey, only a few more months now...

Registered
Westmo , I did almost the same as you, but want the 360 camera, so clicked Advanced
Red, 20s, no bling, heat pump, heated wheel (gotta have that after the Volt!), mud flaps yes
But I will get mats 3rd party
Total was just under $60K so should get full NYS $2K credit plus Fed
Literally decided to drop Polestar2 and go for XC40 the day before the price announcement, which means i suffered for over a year waiting for the OTHER one, whereas seems like you folks have suffered here for the past year. Let鈥檚 all have a good cry together, what? 馃槶 hey, only a few more months now...
Might I ask why did you drop the Polestar2? It looks nice, and has received some good early reviews. Volvo is indicating December 2020 delivery on them.

Registered
I did call the two nearest dealers to me to try to do exactly that - negotiate a discount off MSRP, but neither one seemed interested. The response at both was the same - Volvo will set the price and tell us what discount will be permissible and that will be the same at every dealer. This is different from whn I pre-ordered my Leaf. At that time there was a loosely organized club of locals who had pre-ordered, and one dealer reached out to us and offered a good discount to all members of the club as long as we didn't post online that we had received the discount. The word was spread via private email and separate member-only website. They held to the deal and the buying process was smooth. When I was looking at the Crosstrek as an option, one dealer wouldn't even let me test drive the model they had unless I agreed to pay $5K over MSRP. I told him that was ridiculous and he went back inside to get the key and never came out. I was standing in the rain for ten minues when a woman came out and told me to go home. Billfan is correct, though. You can refuse to take it and try to negotiate down, but you risk losing the car to someone else and having to start all over.
Excellent points. I agree that while demand is difficult to predict, that it's more likely to sit on the lot than not. I would like to test drive it before moving forward. And you're right - maybe they will be open to negotiating if not on this one then on another order for future delivery. Thanks!

Registered
garSEA I originally ordered polestar in July 2019, had to cancel when the shutdown started as my job was in jeopardy for a couple months, then made a new order in July 2020 when Polestar鈥檚 site said Sept delivery. Since then there was no communication about status and meanwhile I sold car and truck while the weather was nice. There is a polestar forum run by the same folks that run this one and it is very busy with mostly Europeans who have their cars (and a large number of early adopter issues) and North Americans who most definitely do not have cars none, nada and most of them are ahead of me in line. So with winter coming, I need wheels not rumors. I have my sights on a used Bolt, test drive next week. That will work until the XC arrives in 6-12 mon I guess/hope. So nothing against the car, but the company is still teething and I was feeling like a chew toy. 馃惗

Registered
For those of you who are confused by the large discrepancy between the 310-mile range mentioned in the Recommended Reading article below and the 208 mile range by the EPA, I read something that was helpful. The official WLTP (European) range for the XC40 is 249 miles. From what I've read, WLTP is based largely on urban and suburban driving, while the EPA emphasizes highway driving, thus the lower range. The article recommended that Americans rely on the EPA, not the WLTP. So far as I can see, the maximum range is only important for most of us, including me, if traveling a long distance on a single trip and that means highway speeds, so the 208 is probably more accurate for practical purposes.

Registered
I'm interested in the XC40 Recharge and I considered pre-ordering but Volvo hasn't made clear exactly what pre-ordering does. I guess you will get notified earlier when the cars are available. But the reason I'm reluctant is because the $1,000 it actually goes to the dealer and tells them "I'm very anxious to get this car and I'm going to pay full retail or more for it". If I knew that a pre-order car would lock in the price at MSRP it would be more attractive to do it, but Volvo specifically says that pricing is up to the dealer and there aren't many Volvo dealers in the area.
I couldn鈥檛 wait any longer, canceled my Xc40 order and just received my Polestar 2. Love it.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts