Volvo XC40 Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The electric seems to have pretty much the same set of colors as the gas R-design, but with the addition of sage green. You can see them all on the Volvo USA web site. For charging, research home level-2 chargers. You'll need to have a 220 volt line installed where you will charge, if you don't presently have one. There are lots of chargers available on Amazon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m wondering if sitting in the Recharge will be any different (feel/comfort) than sitting in a gasoline powered XC40?

Lastly, is there anything I can be researching or preparing now if I want to do faster charging at home (faster than standard 110v outlet). I’m new to electric vehicles and home charging.
I sat in the XC40 gas and measured the cargo area (for my bike). The seats may be the same, but it is not the same as where all the buttons will be, whether there is a regen paddle like the Bolt EV has, how easily you navigate through screens while keeping your eyes on the road, etc.

Every EV has a max AC Level 2 charging rate. {The Bolt EV can take a max of 7.68 kW (32 amps.)} There is an 11 kW OBCM in the VXC40Recharge, meaning a max 45 amps at 240 VAC. You should look in your wallet and buy either a 32-amp or a 40-amp EVSE. Don't settle for a 30-amp and don't waste money on a 50-amp EVSE.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The electric seems to have pretty much the same set of colors as the gas R-design, but with the addition of sage green. You can see them all on the Volvo USA web site. For charging, research home level-2 chargers. You'll need to have a 220 volt line installed where you will charge, if you don't presently have one. There are lots of chargers available on Amazon.
The Recharge is missing denim blue metallic, which happens to be my favorite color, so I think I am going to go with thunder gray, which in person has a nice subtle blue tint to it and looks a bit different than the typical white and silver everywhere. Bursting blue is kinda cool but reminds me too much of an FJ Cruiser. The red is a cop magnet and the whites are too hard to keep clean. I went to a dealer and saw Glacial Silver in person and it's basically off-white...not silver at all. Sage Green is kinda meh for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Volvo called me to confirm which dealership they'd deliver the car to, and to say the online configurator was going live Tuesday so I could configure my car then. It will be interesting to see what the final price is and the lease and financing offers they have. They also confirmed I can get my deposit back and cancel all the way up until delivery so I can configure and still back out later

·
Registered
13 Posts
Volvo called me to confirm which dealership they'd deliver the car to, and to say the online configurator was going live Tuesday so I could configure my car then. It will be interesting to see what the final price is and the lease and financing offers they have. They also confirmed I can get my deposit back and cancel all the way up until delivery so I can configure and still back out later
That's great news on the deposit. I want to keep things going as long as I can until all the information is in on the Mach-e and ID.4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did they give any indication of delivery ETA? Wonder if we (in the U.S,) will be able to get the tax credit in tax year 2020.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did they give any indication of delivery ETA? Wonder if we (in the U.S,) will be able to get the tax credit in tax year 2020.
He couldn't promise me any date but said he wouldn't be surprised if it was 3 months or even more, so I wouldn't count on the tax credit this year. But for us, if anything, we'll lease because the resale value on this is gonna be poor, so I'm just gonna count on them factoring in the credit into the lease pricing. Car experts always say it's not a good idea to purchase an EV unless 1) You're getting such a good deal that much of the depreciation has always happened (such as buying a 2019 Bolt brand new for $27k) or 2) You plan on keeping it at least 5 or 6 years or more. But with EV technically advancing so fast and so many new options hitting the market in 2021 and 2022 I don't wanna keep the XC40 more than a 3 year lease. With such a small range by comparison to almost everything else in it's class or below it, I think the resale value on the XC will be pretty bad. We'll wait to see what the configurator offers but if the price is too high for what we're getting we'll probably back out and wait to see what 2021 holds ..I think there's a chance demand will be low enough on the XCs with the Mach E and ID4 being cheaper with longer ranges, that they'll discount them in 2021 to something more reasons and I'll just grab one off a lot in Q2 2021 if it's still what I want. I am hopeful that Volvo has been paying attention to the competition, especially with Ford recently lowering the price of the Mach E and will price the XC appropriately to try to compete.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone received instruction from Volvo on how to configure and place order? I thought it was to be today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Has anyone received instruction from Volvo on how to configure and place order? I thought it was to be today.
Not yet. Volvo rep told me on the phone last week I should be getting an email today, but nothing yet. But technically the official email says sometime "the week of Oct 19" so they could always delay it a day or two more if they wanted. I'll be keeping an eye out on my Inbox today though!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts