Volvo XC40 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am not "lurking" as I have joined the Forum, so I will add to the conversation. I, too, am interested in the XC40 Recharge, but have not put a deposit down yet. All info I had seen online up to now said a 2020Q4 availability, but I read above that it has been pushed to 2021Q1. Was that speculation, or confirmed?
The Q1 2021 date is directly from the Volvo customer care email to my inquiry, but they may just be saying anything to keep the customer hooked. To modify a Yogi Berra line: It ain't here until it's here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Little changes from Volvo. Now it's within the next month.

Thank you for placing a pre-order for the XC40 Recharge! You will be notified within the next month to start building your vehicle. Then, these vehicle are expected to arrive in Q1 of 2021.

Med vänliga hälsningar

Yours Sincerely,

Matthew
Volvo Customer Care

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day,
I am not sure if we are getting a different model in Australia but the recharge specifications I have seen note that it a front drive only car.
Can this be correct?
The AWD is a significant selling point for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
G'day,
I am not sure if we are getting a different model in Australia but the recharge specifications I have seen note that it a front drive only car.
Can this be correct?
The AWD is a significant selling point for me.
Is it the PHEV version? I'm pretty sure that is front-wheel drive only and is confusingly also called Recharge.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm sure the US version was represented to be AWD, which is important to me, too. It's also an EV not a PHEV.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I received a personal message from this Forum from SexySlut who said she wanted to have sex with me in the back seat of my car. [click the link]. I have to admire the cleverness of the spammers. By joining forums and using the messaging, they avoid the usual email spam blockers since the messages purportedly come from an established contact. Did anyone else get one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received a personal message from this Forum from SexySlut who said she wanted to have sex with me in the back seat of my car. [click the link]. I have to admire the cleverness of the spammers. By joining forums and using the messaging, they avoid the usual email spam blockers since the messages purportedly come from an established contact. Did anyone else get one?
No, but who EVER responds to the smutty spam?

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, things are happening. This in my email today:
It's almost time to configure your XC40 Recharge​
XXXX, during the week of October 19th, you'll receive an email officially inviting you to the XC40 Recharge Configurator. Once you access the tool, you'll be able to customize your vehicle by selecting packages, single options and more.
Stay tuned—keep an eye out for the next email and have your XC40 Recharge Order Number ready to go. Secure yours as soon as possible to get the first production slots before we open them up to all customers.

Note: Vehicle inventory is limited and your order will not be complete until after your car has been customized via the XC40 Recharge Configurator.

Need help finding your Order Number? Reach out to us via the link below.​

·
Registered
13 Posts
19th will be one year plus three days since I reserved! Will I convert? How many will? How many original reservation holders stuck around?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received the same email 30 minutes ago (my pre-order / $1,000 deposit was made on January 3, 2020, if I recall). So glad to FINALLY get this email.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got the same email too. I just started looking around for XC40 recharge forums and this is the only one I've found that's relatively current so I just joined. Anyone know of any others forums worth joining?

As far as the Recharge goes, I do plan on still configuring it when I get that email and likely moving forward with the purchase, although I'm a bit bummed by the range. But honestly the fit/finish and Google OS are what're still drawing me.

Does anyone know how orders will go since Volvo has dealers? This isn't really like the Polestar 2 where you're doing everything online I assume? Wondering if it'll wind up being more like a traditional car purchase or be more online. Wondering what purchase options there will be, if they'll do subscription model at launch, how they'll handle if I have my own financing, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As far as the Recharge goes, I do plan on still configuring it when I get that email and likely moving forward with the purchase, although I'm a bit bummed by the range. But honestly the fit/finish and Google OS are what're still drawing me.
I'm going to see what they offer in terms of price, but what with the very disappointing range and what price is likely to be based on European pricing, I can't see going forward. Range is well behind Mach-e and ID.4, and price not likely to make up the difference.
Does anyone know how orders will go since Volvo has dealers? This isn't really like the Polestar 2 where you're doing everything online I assume? Wondering if it'll wind up being more like a traditional car purchase or be more online. Wondering what purchase options there will be, if they'll do subscription model at launch, how they'll handle if I have my own financing, etc.
Don't know, but I think likely along the lines of the Ford model where dealer takes over after order is placed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah part of me wants to hold off on ordering hoping they'll have hard time selling them and drop the price. I'm ok bring an early adopter in many situations but I'm just hoping they'll come to their senses and drop the price a bit like Mach E did. If they don't, depending on what sales options they offer (like what residual value they determine for lease) I may hold off for a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love my 2017 Bolt EV. Many features are exceptional and the range is holding at ~240 miles (summer) on a full charge. But I determined early on that I really want: 1) adaptive CC, 2) true LKA (not just intermittent LDW with a turn back into the lane, no identification of when the middle has been reached, and continuing on to hit {and go over} the opposite lane line), 3) OTA updates, and, 4) >100 kW DCFC. The Volvo XC40 Recharge seemed to fit the bill, but: a) I hate to buy a car I have never driven, or even sat in; and b) the range is severely lacking (especially for a battery more than 10kWh larger than the Bolt's 60 kWh). We have NO DC Level 2 EVSE (with CCS plug) in our entire state, and even with serial deployment over the next 3 years, I may be living in DCFC wasteland for too many more years! I will probably wait, look at, drive, and decide then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2017 Bolt but I'm already on lease extension. For me, it's between the XC40 and a VW id.4 AWD. I'm leaning toward the XC40 because it's going to be a lot nicer inside and I think going to be available well before the id.4 AWD. I'm bummed about the 208 mi EPA range rating, but I wonder how it will compare to id.4 and Tesla model Y in real world driving. I'm hopeful that the XC40 will get closer to the id.4 and model Y range than the EPA rating suggests.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2017 Bolt but I'm already on lease extension. For me, it's between the XC40 and a VW id.4 AWD. I'm leaning toward the XC40 because it's going to be a lot nicer inside and I think going to be available well before the id.4 AWD. I'm bummed about the 208 mi EPA range rating, but I wonder how it will compare to id.4 and Tesla model Y in real world driving. I'm hopeful that the XC40 will get closer to the id.4 and model Y range than the EPA rating suggests.
Judging on ID.3 range, I am expecting ID.4 to be close to what VW is projecting, 250 miles. XC-40 will have significantly less range than Polestar 2, while Polestar 2 has significantly less range than Model Y, so XC-40 won't be close to Model Y. For me it's looking like a choice between ID.4 and Mach-e. I haven't given up on XC-40, I'll wait until the 19th and see what price end up at, but Volvo will have to come up with a much lower price than I'm expecting.

·
Registered
2020 XC40 R-Design, Glacier Silver, Polestar
5 Posts
I just got the same email too. I just started looking around for XC40 recharge forums and this is the only one I've found that's relatively current so I just joined. Anyone know of any others forums worth joining?

Billfan, check out Swedespeed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
> The Volvo XC40 Recharge seemed to fit the bill, but: a) I hate to buy a car I have never driven, or even sat in;
I’m wondering if sitting in the Recharge will be any different (feel/comfort) than sitting in a gasoline powered XC40?

Also, does anyone know if the exterior colors of the Recharge are the exact same as the gasoline powered XC40? Even with all this time waiting, I’m still having a hard time deciding on ext color (I’ve ruled out black and silver).

Lastly, is there anything I can be researching or preparing now if I want to do faster charging at home (faster than standard 110v outlet). I’m new to electric vehicles and home charging.

Thanks!

41 - 60 of 103 Posts