Volvo XC40 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 319 Posts
Gah!!! I assumed if one was close to the port that they would use a smaller vehicle carrier or maybe go more often ....

Mine is at Tacoma wa and I was assuming it would be here soon but now I am getting doubtful again :(
Mine is at Tacoma as well. Dealer is 35 miles from port but they say it’s gonna take 7-9 more days for it to be transported from port to dealership.

Gah!!! I assumed if one was close to the port that they would use a smaller vehicle carrier or maybe go more often ....

Mine is at Tacoma wa and I was assuming it would be here soon but now I am getting doubtful again :(
The 2nd/3rd biggest dealer in TX is only now expecting its first lot “in a few weeks” but confident of latest software upgrades etc.

It’s coming soon !

Given the limited equipment, drivers snd cost of transport, they will only move when it’s maxed out that’s another delay right there.

The 2nd/3rd biggest dealer in TX is only now expecting its first lot “in a few weeks” but confident of latest software upgrades etc.

It’s coming soon !

Given the limited equipment, drivers snd cost of transport, they will only move when it’s maxed out that’s another delay right there.
I was at park place Volvo today getting software updated and drove by stack of recharges looking to be unloaded. Looks like they’re flowing now.

We were all set to go look at the Recharge tomorrow and dealer emailed me to say they have a stop sale and can't sell or order any cars, some software recall just happened.

Yeah these EVs are making MS Windows look perfect. Feel like we will be seeing a lot of this next few years

I was actually thinking the other day that buying a car is more like buying a computer that has wheels than the classic experience of buying a car.

Still cars have always had problems ranging from inconveniences to mistakes that have killed multiple people so ... the bar is not exactly set at perfection.

considering volvos track record and safety attitude I still feel very safe with a Volvo. I assume if it is faulty they will get it fixed. Of course now I have added to that that the communication of said fixing my be rather sub par :p

I was actually thinking the other day that buying a car is more like buying a computer that has wheels than the classic experience of buying a car.

Still cars have always had problems ranging from inconveniences to mistakes that have killed multiple people so ... the bar is not exactly set at perfection.

considering volvos track record and safety attitude I still feel very safe with a Volvo. I assume if it is faulty they will get it fixed. Of course now I have added to that that the communication of said fixing my be rather sub par :p
Yeah, mechanically they are so much better, but now it is all buggy software. Hoping my AWD ID.4 gets most of worst bugs worked out when it comes at end of year. Wife still wants the Recharge

Yeah, mechanically they are so much better, but now it is all buggy software. Hoping my AWD ID.4 gets most of worst bugs worked out when it comes at end of year. Wife still wants the Recharge
Good luck with your ID.4.
Its bizarre that they would suspend orders. I can imagine no sales if there is an issue, but no orders. Odd.

Good luck with your ID.4.
Its bizarre that they would suspend orders. I can imagine no sales if there is an issue, but no orders. Odd.
Thanks, but I gave ar least 6-9 months on that. I suspect the sales person that contacted me did not fully understand the stop as he said software so agreed why would that stop orders?

In my cynical mindset I wonder if he just got let go by Volvo and is hate emailing his dealership ...they take orders on cars that will probably exist in a couple of years with joyous abandon . . It is either that or he read something wrong or something was written wrong.

So revenge, incompetence or the coming sign of the apocalypse you pick :)

Does not sound good - had another person on this forum mention they took delivery of their Recharge yesterday afternoon - that was here in Canada - and a hold or stop on the cars would be for all of North America not just the US.

Reactions: blitzswede
We were all set to go look at the Recharge tomorrow and dealer emailed me to say they have a stop sale and can't sell or order any cars, some software recall just happened.
This is wrong. The software released on Monday this past week addresses all technical issues. They are confused. Which Retailer is it?

This is strange. I picked mine up at 11:30 am yesterday and was at the dealership for about an hour. The first maintenance is at 20,000 miles. I signed a paper saying when apps and features would be available (all by end of year) and was told they will notify me and I can do all updates over the air. I haven’t played with the Google setup much yet. It is so fun to drive! BTW I am in San Luis Obispo, CA. I was the last of the 4 delivered to my dealership to pick up.

Not sure how this fits in with what you heard, but last weekend I went to a Volvo dealer in suburban Philly to order the Recharge and he said Volvo was no longer taking new orders for the 2021 model, but would soon be accepting orders for 2022. Assuming this info was correct, upshot is that right now you can only purchase from the existing pipeline of dealer stock. They found a model nearly identical to what I wanted that was sitting in the Port of Baltimore waiting for the heat pump fix - it was designated for another dealer but they arranged a swap. So now I'm just waiting like many others...

Not sure how this fits in with what you heard, but last weekend I went to a Volvo dealer in suburban Philly to order the Recharge and he said Volvo was no longer taking new orders for the 2021 model, but would soon be accepting orders for 2022. Assuming this info was correct, upshot is that right now you can only purchase from the existing pipeline of dealer stock. They found a model nearly identical to what I wanted that was sitting in the Port of Baltimore waiting for the heat pump fix - it was designated for another dealer but they arranged a swap. So now I'm just waiting like many others...
I am not sure whether I am adding anything to this conversation or not, but on 30 April I purchased our XC40 Recharge that arrived at the SF Bay Area dealership the day before (after a 2 1/2 month wait). Two unsold XC40 Recharges were in this shipment of five from Port Hueneme, and our salesperson hoped to sell those this weekend. There was no talk of any stop order.

I had read that Volvo would stop taking orders for new 2021-model XC40 Recharges after 21 April and any orders after that date would be for the 2022 model.

281 - 300 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.