Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
190 Posts
Threadjack
Came home with a 2022 last Friday.
Don’t have a level 2 installed yet (electrician coming this week)
I have been using the level 1 that came with the car without issues. I’m able to charge from 60-80% overnight until yesterday.
I plugged the car at 50% and this morning it was at 65% only.
Light on the car is flashing green. Light on the charger is flashing white. Nothing seems hot.
I’m going to call the dealer but hoping I can fix without going as the dealer is not nearby. No dealers near to where I live.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
126 Posts
Threadjack
I have been using the level 1 that came with the car without issues. I’m able to charge from 60-80% overnight until yesterday.
Light on the car is flashing green. Light on the charger is flashing white. Nothing seems hot.
I’m going to call the dealer but hoping I can fix without going as the dealer is not nearby. No dealers near to where I live.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like its charging. Did you happen to set the car max charge by mistake to 65%? I leave ours at 90% unless we're taking a trip. Do you have the app PlueShare? Look for other chargers near you to try a "test." There are many locations that you don't even realize. Even many other car dealers that are not Volvo have charging stations. Also, take your cord to a local campground and ask to use their 50 amp outlet for a test. Plug into a different 115v outlet at your home or a neighbor. Do some of your own testing to determine 1) is it a car problem 2) is it a cord problem.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I will try a few charging stations later today, hopefully the charging speed increases.
As for the charging limit, I can confirm it’s at 80%, I can see the limit when I open the door and the look at the charging status on the infotainment screen.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
182 Posts
Threadjack

Thanks in advance.
With a level 1 charger, a 15-20% increase overnight (# hours?) sounds like that may be normal. I know they charge very slowly but not sure the hourly rate.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It has been charging at 3mph.
This is all new to me so I’m sure it’s my lack of knowledge.
I do plan on testing some public charging stations.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
55 Posts
So the charger has finally arrived at my dealer and of course the story has changed yet again. I was told before if they received it in the morning I could have the car back same day. Now I'm being told that my car is waiting in line for an EV certified technician to do the replacement and now I may not get it back until Friday. That will be a full 4 weeks my car has spent sitting at the dealer.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
So the charger has finally arrived at my dealer and of course the story has changed yet again. I was told before if they received it in the morning I could have the car back same day. Now I'm being told that my car is waiting in line for an EV certified technician to do the replacement and now I may not get it back until Friday. That will be a full 4 weeks my car has spent sitting at the dealer.
****. That is not right. Also scary that they need an ev certified tech. You would hope they had one! On the other hand at least they are getting one vs just using YouTube videos ….

Sorry for the delays. It is something I can never do (I have to have spouse2 do it. But maybe contact Volvo and be a little unreasonable. Sometimes being reasonable (what I always do) gets good results. Sometimes though unreasonable angry ness gets things done. If you can do that or have a partner who can maybe worth it. I cringe at the thought of it :)

Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have a significant problem.
XC40 Recharge continues to get Connection Error when using the charge cable the car comes with ( 240v), 4 charge point stations EVGo… i am very familiar with EV’s but cannot find a solution to what I would classify as an extremely big problem.

the car goes through a initialization phase and then goes directly to Connection Error… any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 1127
Try this:
1. close all the doors
2. lock the car
3. leave it for at least two minutes
4. try charging again

Has worked for me couple times after the 1.7 software (likely a SW issue at least partially)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
55 Posts
I finally got my car back today following the onboard charger replacement. The dealer gave it a full detail to make up for the length of time this process took. Not that it really needed it, I've had it less than 2 months. I plugged it into my Chargepoint Flex when I got home and it started charging normally, no more clicking on and off. I haven't had a chance to try a public charger yet but I plan to visit a few of the ones where the car wouldn't charge to test it this week.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I finally got my car back today following the onboard charger replacement. The dealer gave it a full detail to make up for the length of time this process took. Not that it really needed it, I've had it less than 2 months. I plugged it into my Chargepoint Flex when I got home and it started charging normally, no more clicking on and off. I haven't had a chance to try a public charger yet but I plan to visit a few of the ones where the car wouldn't charge to test it this week.
Excellent news. May your swooshing be problem free from now on :)

Reactions: kevinxb

·
Registered
517 Posts
What did they charge you for the trailer hitch and install? Thx
Trailer hitch & install I recall was around $1250.00 - many of us early adopters got a $1000 "goodwill credit" we could use toward Volvo accessories. (Basically a "sorry the car you ordered is over a year late" apology). So I applied that credit & just paid the difference.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts