Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Super new here so apologize if these issues are covered elsewhere in the forum.

Have had our 2021 XC40 for about a week now and still trying to work out the following:
  • can we send/receive text messages like we would with CarPlay/Android Auto?
  • is anyone else's phone Bluetooth calls horrible? Called my husband on my way home last night and he said the audio was super staticky
  • Google acting up? I've asked to call someone and it just writes out what i'm saying "call home" and then just disappears
  • will more apps be released to be used with this car? I miss WhatsApp and other apps I remember working with Android Auto on the XC90.
Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hello! Super new here so apologize if these issues are covered elsewhere in the forum.

Have had our 2021 XC40 for about a week now and still trying to work out the following:
  • can we send/receive text messages like we would with CarPlay/Android Auto?
  • is anyone else's phone Bluetooth calls horrible? Called my husband on my way home last night and he said the audio was super staticky
  • Google acting up? I've asked to call someone and it just writes out what i'm saying "call home" and then just disappears
  • will more apps be released to be used with this car? I miss WhatsApp and other apps I remember working with Android Auto on the XC90.
Thanks so much in advance!
Firstly welcome.
if you scroll through the archives most of your questions have been answered but I will have a quick stab.

You can send and receive messages. Not sure if it’s like car play as I do not have it.

blue tooth phone calls are delightfully clear. No static for me. Try a couple of times if it continues maybe you have a faulty mike?

google should be working. Sometimes it Fails but it generally gets an answer. Sometimes it is hilariously wrong. Try the navigate <insert address>. Bye google loves run on speak. If you pause correctly (spouse(1) is a teacher it gets bored snd stops listening. Talking like a 5 year old works well for it.

we hope and expect more apps

Enjoy your car. It is fun to own. Another suggestion is to make a sig so folks know the software you are on. Do you have a heat pump wheel size and of course color if your car :)

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts