Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Margo is in that range and we just got a car fax recall notice! I guess we will go in for a look see.

Reactions: SAP

·
Registered
40 Posts
Silly question, is the comparison to the numbers of the last 7 digits ?
Technically the last 6 (or 8, if you include year) I think - "N" means 2022 vs "M" means 2021, and then "2" means the plant (I think there's just one for XC40s?), and then 439208 - 663838 are the sequential IDs. Mine is 70xxxx and was produced in I think late November or thereabouts (we took delivery in late January, but it had been waiting in port for a long time), so just outside the range which makes sense.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Technically the last 6 (or 8, if you include year) I think - "N" means 2022 vs "M" means 2021, and then "2" means the plant (I think there's just one for XC40s?), and then 439208 - 663838 are the sequential IDs. Mine is 70xxxx and was produced in I think late November or thereabouts (we took delivery in late January, but it had been waiting in port for a long time), so just outside the range which makes sense.
Oh good. I was confused. I’m 705… so safe. Got mine in late December.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
324 Posts
Dam! mine is M2559xxx built Feb 2021, so I'm right in the middle of that group and so far no problems at all. Isn't this recall going public at end of June?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dam! mine is M2559xxx built Feb 2021, so I'm right in the middle of that group and so far no problems at all. Isn't this recall going public at end of June?
One thing to remember-the recall notes mention that 1% of vehicles in the vin range will be affected. So…to me that means it’s a good idea to have it checked but you aren’t likely to need any fix.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Mine falls in that range as well.
Should I proactively reach out to the dealer and make an appt or wait for the recall to arrive on the mail and make the appt then?
I’m planning on having them look at the rear rotors as well when I bring it in.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Should I proactively reach out to the dealer and make an appt or wait for the recall to arrive on the mail and make the appt then?
As the mode of failure could actually be bad … I am planning on reaching out and booking an apt :(

Reactions: B-mtrd

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did. I'm heading out on a stupidly long adventure road trip and want to know that I won't experience uncommanded acceleration, whilst worrying about my charging stops.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I did. I'm heading out on a stupidly long adventure road trip and want to know that I won't experience uncommanded acceleration, whilst worrying about my charging stops.
Good luck. Let us know what they say. If they fix it. Be interesting to see if creep goes away. Of course it is a proof by negation so ….

Reactions: Rhughes

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just called the dealer to make an appt. They mentioned they won’t be getting the parts needed until early June. I guess I‘ll have to wait a few more weeks.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts