Volvo XC40 Forum banner

XC40 Recharge P8 Profiles keys and google

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Stephen Cerruti 
#1 ·
My situation when the car gets here (so close) will be 3 adults all with Volvo car keys. Often two of us will be in the car with our keys. Sometimes all 3. We only have one google account.

1. How does it know which profile to choose?

2. Is there a profile/key phob hierarchy?

3. How easy is it to switch between profiles with multiple phobs being present?

4. Can one google account be linked to multiple profiles?

5. Is the orange key phob fully functional or do I need a 3rd black phob?

Thanks a head of time. Trying to work things out before the car arrives (any day/week/month now). I am assuming the sales person will not have a clue but I have faith the xc40 forum knowledge collective will know.

#2 ·
Switching profiles is easy, simple pull down from the top of the screen and click on the name of the profile.

I'm uncertain the ramifications of only using one Google account.

I know that the memory position button on the door will move the seats, as will changing the profile. I am not sure if the memory button actually affects the profile.

#3 ·
My wife and I use the same account for the main Google interface. It works fine, but we did have to log in under each profile. I was also surprised to see that I needed to install applications like chargepoint for each account.

There’s no real hierarchy that I could figure out. If we’re both in the car together it just seems to stay on the previous profile and we had to switch it manually as described by Stephen. You want to switch in the centre console interface though - pressing the button on the door will not switch the profiles (only moves the seats).

I’m not sure about using the orange fob as your third key. In theory it is different, but if you just never set any restrictions on it I guess it’s just another key?

I hint that I found was somewhat non-obvious is that there is a single character in the top right corner to indicate which profile is active. It seems like it is just taking the first character from the profile name, so hopefully all your names start with different letters ;)

#7 ·
Thanks for the info.
Is there a way to silicate a profile so I could say set up my profile then duplicate it to wife(1) then to wife(2) or do I have start from scratch every time.

I am very surprised apps are at the profile lvl and not the google account lvl …

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.