Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crystal White XC40 Recharge Pure Electric P8
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my P8 2 weeks ago and was wiping smudges off of the glossy black exterior trim with a soft cloth and now that area appears dull and a bit scratched. What is used to clean the glossy trim to keep it vibrant looking?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I waxed mine the same as I waxed the painted areas. Most of it looks awesome but the place where the car hose at the do it yourself car wash brushed against the black is scuffed like yours. So maybe wax is not enough. Not sure how to get the scuff out of the black either.

Reactions: pobarick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got my P8 2 weeks ago and was wiping smudges off of the glossy black exterior trim with a soft cloth and now that area appears dull and a bit scratched. What is used to clean the glossy trim to keep it vibrant looking?
I haven’t got my 2022 Recharge twin yet but I would suggest to start with a mild polish and if needed some compound.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
209 Posts
I thought about wrapping the piano black console in carbon fiber. But after doing the "shield" I'm taking a pass on trying to do it from a single sheet of vinyl. If someone ever sells a kit like the M3 and MY I may attempt it. For now I keep a microfiber rag in the console storage bin and wipe off the fingerprints from time to time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts