Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue MFD 6/21
341 Posts
Have you tried the variations? I tap the left defrost button once and then immediately hold it down for about 30 seconds and release. The full blast defrost blowing while I'm holding down the button. Around the time the LTE/GPS starts working. I park in an underground garage so I lose connection every evening and when I leave in the morning the LTE reconnects about half the time I guess.
I have tried every possible combination without luck. Press defrost, wait or no wait and press again. Hold it for 30, 40, 60, 90 seconds and nothing. Tried just holding it one and nothing.
The last signal lost issue happened after having the car parked at an underground garage for a few hours.
One thing that did happen a couple of days ago (after the dealer visit) was that after the car being parked for about 3 days, went to run an errand and it took a good 5-10mins for it to have signal again. It did come back. No more issues since then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car has been at the dealer for 9 days now over the LTE/GPS issue, they are saying they can't get connected to the car to diagnose it. They are waiting on volvo engineering to help them. Has anyone experienced this?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
372 Posts
Just wanted to follow up. Got vehicle back today. New TCAM installed under warranty and an unspecified recall (A10140) that mentions "tape" was also performed. Nothing in the notes about root cause of the TCAM failure. If it stops working again, I'll let you all know, but so far so good!
Keep us posted! I suspect the “tape” recall is probably the double-sided sealing tape on the TCAM shark fin antenna cover...sounds plausible anyway. My car is in for the same issue, and dealer just said they’re waiting on a part, so still in limbo. Hopefully it’ll be ready soon as I want to get back to driving an EV! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You think you got the 1.8 update. But what really happened is that doing the 1.8 update shut down the modem, etc. So, it could not finish and you were stuck in limbo.

Take the car to the dealership. Show them this post. And ask them to manually Do the full 1.8 update.

Problem will be fixed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had my car in the dealer for a tow hitch fitment, so when checking in, mentioned that I had not yet had 1.8. The service rep, said "let me check what is outstanding", " you have a recall on the antenna, but no 1.8 for you yet". So they performed the TCAM service and found nothing wrong, but did not update it to 1.8....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I had my car in the dealer for a tow hitch fitment, so when checking in, mentioned that I had not yet had 1.8. The service rep, said "let me check what is outstanding", " you have a recall on the antenna, but no 1.8 for you yet". So they performed the TCAM service and found nothing wrong, but did not update it to 1.8....
They obviously have no idea what they are talking about then. 1.8.1 is available to service centers.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
So odd they do not update the car as a courtesy … like washing the car used to be.

Still if they only have 1 update machine/cable/person then …

Reactions: Rhughes

·
Registered
498 Posts
Dealers do not get reimbursed by Volvo for updates unless you have a specific concern that the update is design to fix so they may be reluctant to complete an update, most dealers would likely do it for a customer regardless but some may not.

·
Registered
83 Posts
@Welland canada recharge , i think you are on to something. My wife moaned over my shoulder about the sticking brakes and the service rep noted it down, tech tested the car and fitted new pads and rotors. Easy money maybe? Her stance was that the car was not yet eligible , but not in so many words. I did say that given the tow hitch had a software install component, they could maybe take a look?? her reply was something along the lines of "different software"

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Dealers do not get reimbursed by Volvo for updates unless you have a specific concern that the update is design to fix so they may be reluctant to complete an update, most dealers would likely do it for a customer regardless but some may not.
I wonder what the dealership impact and therefore price of doing an upgrade is (assuming it goes right).

How much more involved is the dealer doing it vs the 100% hands off ota process.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I wonder what the dealership impact and therefore price of doing an upgrade is (assuming it goes right).

How much more involved is the dealer doing it vs the 100% hands off ota process.
The car taking up space in a bay for at least an hour - plus the time for the tech to get the car in hook it up and start the download process - likely monitoring it once and a while to see if all is going well - after the download install and test to see if all went well - so the dealer cost is time and space - plus processing paper work.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The car taking up space in a bay for at least an hour - plus the time for the tech to get the car in hook it up and start the download process - likely monitoring it once and a while to see if all is going well - after the download install and test to see if all went well - so the dealer cost is time and space - plus processing paper work.
Does it even need to be in a mechanical bay as no tools or other access is required?

Still I suppose they only have bay space. So not like they could do it outside.

Seems like a good earner for the dealership …

61 - 74 of 74 Posts