Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
372 Posts
Or in my case just wait till they get the OTA updates sorted out.
Yes, I wonder why they haven’t rolled out OTA updates in AUS yet? Doesn’t seem like rocket science if they’re doing it in other markets, eh?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone else had this happen to them? I've had the car a little over a month. Initially the tablet was very slow and unresponsive. I took it to the dealership and got the 1.7 update which I guess they really should have just applied before I took the car. Anyway after that the infotainment tech was all running very well. I got the 1.8 update OTA as expected without issue. Then about 5 days after the update I got into the car and the network connection was failed. I tried many things after contacting Volvo support but nothing brought the connection back. Eventually I started linking the car to my bluetooth tether from my phone to get internet which is when I realize the GPS is also not working. The car went to the dealership today and they mentioned a recall for water getting into the antenna, but after changing that out my car is still not connecting. Not sure what's next they mentioned some kind of logging and opening a "tech ticket" with volvo corporate. Pretty disappointed to not have my car, and the dealership isn't exactly conveniently located. Anyway driving the S60 loaner they gave me makes me really appreciate just how premium the experience in my car is.
I have had the same issue for months and finally took it to the dealer this past week. After they involved their engineering teams and reloaded everything, they decided it was a faulty telecommunications module and had to order that from sweden. It will take at least 3 weeks to get the part. I am hoping that will fix the issue- but we'll see.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have had the car for 3 days and I have this issue. The first day I did a full hard reset and it fixed it. The next day-after finding this forum I did the defrost reset-and it fixed the problem. I think my main issue is I park in an underground garage with no service at all. Hopefully it will be sorted soon-its annoying but I can do the defrost thing every time for a while I suppose..

Edit:After the defrost reset I have now been in the garage a few times and Goggle Maps working fine. Hopefully it is fixed now.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Did you see the other threads talking about faulty sealing of the shark fin. If not check them out and check your fin for seal.

Another thread talked about making sure it was set for the correct region.

And then there are hardware and software issues which might stem from the water leaks.

Cheers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes, I wonder why they haven’t rolled out OTA updates in AUS yet? Doesn’t seem like rocket science if they’re doing it in other markets, eh?
Feels like they dont see any competition as they have easily sold all they could get and can take their time and blame covid. The customer service experience doesnt ender me to them. Feels like the dealers have washed their hands of it as they got a one off payment for selling it and will not have any servicing money from them and Volvo Australia doesnt know what they are doing under this model of sales. They need to get their act together.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wanted to update here and say I was able to get the car back with the tcam replaced on Christmas Eve. Was feeling hopeful that the worst was behind us. Enjoyed the car over the holidays very much. Then today I'm on a short trip when the gps and lte go dead. Tried all the usual. Nothing is working. Dealership is saying they absolutely cannot even look at the car until the end of the month. Needless to say I'm very frustrated. Has anyone here had enough issues that they got a replacement or the dealership bought the car back? We love the car when it's working right but that's been way less than I expected. I've initiated a request to see if we can back out of the purchase. The only way spending this kind of money on a car was feasible for us was with long term ownership in mind and I don't have any confidence I had that the car is going to be trouble free. My parents owned an s40 for 20 years/280k miles. We were hoping to have a similar experience but those hopes are crushed as this point. Am I being unreasonable? No one at Volvo the dealer or corporate has said or done anything to make me feel like they're going to make it right.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Wanted to update here and say I was able to get the car back with the tcam replaced on Christmas Eve. Was feeling hopeful that the worst was behind us. Enjoyed the car over the holidays very much. Then today I'm on a short trip when the gps and lte go dead. Tried all the usual. Nothing is working. Dealership is saying they absolutely cannot even look at the car until the end of the month. Needless to say I'm very frustrated. Has anyone here had enough issues that they got a replacement or the dealership bought the car back? We love the car when it's working right but that's been way less than I expected. I've initiated a request to see if we can back out of the purchase. The only way spending this kind of money on a car was feasible for us was with long term ownership in mind and I don't have any confidence I had that the car is going to be trouble free. My parents owned an s40 for 20 years/280k miles. We were hoping to have a similar experience but those hopes are crushed as this point. Am I being unreasonable? No one at Volvo the dealer or corporate has said or done anything to make me feel like they're going to make it right.
Hoping you have the new car settling gps/lte issue. It often fails first day or within the first couple of days then starts working over night and stays working …

Sorry your having such issues. Hopefully it works tomorrow.

See the keys and the car still working other than the gps/lte?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The car is working otherwise. Still without lte/gps the car is pretty severely hindered. We finally had enough things working and a cold day so we set our schedule and got into the car nice and warm in the morning only for it to be broken later the same day. Beyond the technical issues the dealership staff has been horribly rude to me. It's totally unacceptable to need to wait a month for someone to look at my new car that's not functioning properly. I'm left with nothing but a great deal of regret over my purchase right now. Hopefully I'll get some good news soon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The car is working otherwise. Still without lte/gps the car is pretty severely hindered. We finally had enough things working and a cold day so we set our schedule and got into the car nice and warm in the morning only for it to be broken later the same day. Beyond the technical issues the dealership staff has been horribly rude to me. It's totally unacceptable to need to wait a month for someone to look at my new car that's not functioning properly. I'm left with nothing but a great deal of regret over my purchase right now. Hopefully I'll get some good news soon.
The month long wait is, sadly, SOP for Volvo dealerships. I’m shocked, and of course most metro areas only have a handful of dealers to visit for warranty work so you can’t really shop around for openings in the schedule.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Firstly sorry you are having to deal with this. No fun especially with a shiney new car.

I am curious as to how is the car severely limited without the lte/gps?

I must be missing something as it seems that without gps/lte it’s still a fully functional car just sans the iPhone functionality which having an iPhone brings to the table all be it in a much less convenient package.

Perhaps my definition of a car is stuck in the past. I still think of a car as the driving bits. Not hitting things bits. Etc. I view thr navigation as a bonus if built in but I still have two modern Garmin units and a iPhone.

Just showing my age :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Well without the GPS I'm unable to get directions with battery status. I can't search for nearby charging stations. I'm also unable to preheat my car either by asking it to start or by schedule. I can't check on my charging status remotely. I also end up having to control anything that I'm wanting to do like play music or get directions on my phone and can't engage with it aside from track forward/back from the tablet/steering wheel. The car still drives nicely but I also have a Toyota that drives nicely and plays music from my phone, but it was a fraction of the cost.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Well without the GPS I'm unable to get directions with battery status. I can't search for nearby charging stations. I'm also unable to preheat my car either by asking it to start or by schedule. I can't check on my charging status remotely. I also end up having to control anything that I'm wanting to do like play music or get directions on my phone and can't engage with it aside from track forward/back from the tablet/steering wheel. The car still drives nicely but I also have a Toyota that drives nicely and plays music from my phone, but it was a fraction of the cost.
I forgot the range integration. That is something that an iPhone or gps cannot do. Good point.

I love knowing the % when you arrive. And basically the Gps/lte should work!!

Hopefully they resolve/fix yours soon

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
143 Posts
Have you contacted Big Volvo? Maybe they can apply from external pressure on your behalf.

@He Keith did (or is close to?) filing a lemon law suit. Search the forum for his saga

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Have you contacted Big Volvo? Maybe they can apply from external pressure on your behalf.

@He Keith did (or is close to?) filing a lemon law suit. Search the forum for his saga
The customer care team has elevated my concerns like 5 times now with no meaningful response.

I finally got ahold of the GM at the dealership and he's supposed to be working with the regional corporate representative to see what can be done.

I saw the story from he Keith but it seems to drop off on what happened. I'll reply on the thread and see what he says.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The customer care team has elevated my concerns like 5 times now with no meaningful response.

I finally got ahold of the GM at the dealership and he's supposed to be working with the regional corporate representative to see what can be done.

I saw the story from he Keith but it seems to drop off on what happened. I'll reply on the thread and see what he says.

Thanks

I am waiting on my C40. After 39 days out of service and still have erratic HVAC and LTE issues and still can't pair the Volvo app (after full factory reset) I gave up. Volvo regional rep has been great, he offered to swap car a while back, I called him about a month ago and told him I was done, he can swap it or I file lemon law for a refund. He agreed to swap it for ma C40 I have on order. Getting GM or Service Manage involved to engage local Volvo rep is the right path for anyone as they are the ones that can move mountains. According to Volvo as of yesterday my C40 is schedule for production this week with late February or early March ETA to me. I have an email from the rep stating they will help with "trade-in assistance" which is their way of swapping the car. Will be interesting as the dealer is not up to speed on what that means either other than I will get a new car with no money out of pocket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Came back again after a week!
I’m not cancelling my dealer appointment yet!
Hadn't driven my P8 in a few days -- couple of snow storms etc. -- and yesterday the LTE and GPS were back working when I started up the car. That was after being kaput for a couple of weeks. I've got a dealer appointment next week, but may cancel if the car behaves for the next couple of days. Maybe it just needed a good sleep.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hadn't driven my P8 in a few days -- couple of snow storms etc. -- and yesterday the LTE and GPS were back working when I started up the car. That was after being kaput for a couple of weeks. I've got a dealer appointment next week, but may cancel if the car behaves for the next couple of days. Maybe it just needed a good sleep.
Your expectation of how your car should work seem to be well below mine lol. Personally I'd still take it to the dealership. These functions are supposed to work 100% of the time.

As an update on mine it's still at the dealership. They tried to tell me it was because of my location. I let them know that's simply not possible as I had no service over several hundred miles in the central Texas area. Now they're saying it's because of low voltage from the 12v battery. Hard to say what's really true they continue to treat me in a way that I'm left to feel like this is my fault or like I've imagined the problem. I don't think anyone is giving the details to be straight. No one from Volvo corporate has responded but I'm looking to have them but the car back from me at this point. I refuse to continue to be asked to just deal with things being broken and treated with very little respect by the dealership in a brand new very expensive car.

No idea what's going to happen. Beyond stressed out about this whole situation. It's impacting my job as I keep having to drive back and forth to the dealership and losing large amounts of time to correct their expectations of what's wrong. No one ever proactively gives me an update. It's terrible. sigh

21 - 40 of 74 Posts