Volvo XC40 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 661 Posts
As discussed on the “delayed deliveries” thread, there is a new software update available this week (have to get dealer to install in US). Someone on the FB group posed these change notes:

Volvo continually develops car systems and the services it offers you. By updating your car software, you will have access to many new functions as well as improvements. The car software can be updated to the latest version either online or through service at an authorized Volvo dealer. When new software is available online you will be informed of this on the center screen.

Note
After upgrade, features may vary depending on market, model, model year, and option chosen.
Some of the updates are available on shop visits prior to being offered via Over-the-Air (OTA).
Previously released updates are also included in the update to the latest version.

Updates as of April 2021.
The preheating of the battery with a charge of 90 and 100% results in a better autonomy. No preheating with load less than 90%.
Profile management and option to select miles per hour as the unit with Care Key.
OTA (Over-the-Air) software update: An error has been fixed where a notification was not displayed after an update was completed.
Vehicle status application: An error has been fixed whereby a correct mileage value was sometimes not displayed.
Car clock: Fixed a bug where the wrong time was sometimes displayed.
Profile settings:
Review of private settings in the startup guide.
Bluetooth connected phone: Stability improvements with some phone models.
The iPhone 12 wireless charging issue has been resolved.
A / C performance improvements at high temperatures.

Updates as of March 2021.
Stability improvements after disconnection of charging cable.

Updates as of March 2021.
Improvements in autonomy estimation.
Stability improvements in AC load.
Radio: Link between FM and DAB for a streamlined audio experience (Note: Favorite stations will be erased and will need to be tuned again).
Harman Kardon Premium Audio: Surround Sound Enhancement.
More car tweaks and improved driver profile settings.
Climate timer: Stability improvements.
360-degree view on assisted parking cameras: Quality and stability improvements.
Bluetooth telephony: Operational and stability improvements.
OTA (Over-the-Air) quality and stability improvements

In the properties of the wifi it shows 5 GHz - so how do I change it to 2.4? - it is a Bell fibe system.
Just getting into playing with the car since picking it up last night. I can confirm that the vehicles sees both my 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi signals, but the 5 GHz signal is much weaker and does drop sometimes. I’ll be sticking with the 2.4 GHz signal when connecting it to my home wifi.

Hi all, I'm in Australia and just took delivery of XC40 Recharge PHEV 3 days ago. I only needed to charge the car today, but realised that I was only given a Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable without any adaptors. I thought the Recharge comes with a cable that can be plugged into standard household socket. Do I have to purchase an adaptor or another cable from Volvo? From the Volvo Australia website, seems the car should come with cable that plugs into standard household socket. Just wanted to check with you guys before I ask the dealer on Monday. Thanks!

Hi all, I'm in Australia and just took delivery of XC40 Recharge PHEV 3 days ago. I only needed to charge the car today, but realised that I was only given a Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable without any adaptors. I thought the Recharge comes with a cable that can be plugged into standard household socket. Do I have to purchase an adaptor or another cable from Volvo? From the Volvo Australia website, seems the car should come with cable that plugs into standard household socket. Just wanted to check with you guys before I ask the dealer on Monday. Thanks!
There should be an adapter for a 120v outlet. Did you look in the compartment by the jack?

Hi in Canada - rec'd the Volvo Charge cable with the car - level 2 and also an adapter to plug into a regular 110v outlet.
Not sure but is not the standard electic outlet in the US 240v and not 110V - I recall when visiting I had to have a special converter to be able to plug into the outlets down there to be compatible with my computer and phone.

I'm in the U.S. but I had to buy an adaptor for the L2 cable for 240V, but the 120V adaptor came with the cable. There are three different 240V outlet types in the U.S. The cable had a 4-prong 50A type, which makes sense for 48A car charger, but my outlet had a 40A socket and 40A circuit breaker. If your cable is like ours, the 120V adaptor plugs into the center portion, not the end plug.

Is this something needed for a home charger only or is it needed for network chargers?

I thought the P8 was ready for all public charging except Tesla (adapts needed for all but supercharger where there is no adapter).

A question.

How do you turn of Google from listening for “Okay Google” so it only listens when you push the button on the steering wheel or screen?

I dislike my devices listening all the while.

Cheers
In case you haven't found the answer, is is under the main settings menu, under "Google". There is a button to turn "hey Google" off.

Awesome Maribo re the hey google off!! And thank you Ray for the cable info.

I now have most of the answers I need ... just need the car to go with it. :) which issitting 35 miles away unloved and untouched :( but cannot really complain as it has only been there for a week :)

Another less important question: Has anyone had a chance/excuse to use the sub 25mph high traction off road mode yet? The one that says do not use on normal roads!

Thanks everyone for getting back to me. The standard electric outlet here in Australia is 230V. And I looked around the spare wheel but couldn’t find any adapter. Attached a pic of the cable I got. Maybe the dealer forgot to pass it to me. I’ll check with them tomorrow. Thanks again

Looking at your charge cable - both ends seem to be female - so the one end plugs into the car the other end should have an adapter that plugs into it and then would plug into you wall outlet. I would imagine Volvo makes the cars country specific so it should have come with an adapter to fit the cable and be able to plug it in - being that you are 230V you have level 2 charging by nature of your power system. Our car came with two adapters for the cable - one for 110V and one for 220V. I believe Volvo states that the cars come Charge ready - so either it is in the rear hatch, the Front Frunck or the dealer still has it.

Did anyone ever get the $1000 worth of accessories from Volvo for their troubles under the warranty?
I am supposed to get mine tomorrow (in addition to my $1000 deposit which was not put into my purchase). It's fascinating how poor the communication is between the dealerships and corporate and how I need to push to get things done. It's almost like the dealerships know they are being phased out.

For the deposit, I needed to find out where the deposit money went (they apparently send it via a "parts statement" a month or two before delivery). But of course, the dealership had to spend time 'verifying'.

For the accessories, I had to send the dealers the bulletin. Ultimately, it's not on their dime, but had to explain it all to them. I am getting the bike rack (hitch mounted) and the cargo nets, which had to be ordered and sent. There's not much else to get (already have the rubber mats) and I didn't want to install the home charger.

I am supposed to get mine tomorrow (in addition to my $1000 deposit which was not put into my purchase). It's fascinating how poor the communication is between the dealerships and corporate and how I need to push to get things done. It's almost like the dealerships know they are being phased out.

For the deposit, I needed to find out where the deposit money went (they apparently send it via a "parts statement" a month or two before delivery). But of course, the dealership had to spend time 'verifying'.

For the accessories, I had to send the dealers the bulletin. Ultimately, it's not on their dime, but had to explain it all to them. I am getting the bike rack (hitch mounted) and the cargo nets, which had to be ordered and sent. There's not much else to get (already have the rubber mats) and I didn't want to install the home charger.
My dealer is pretty much avoiding the whole accessory thing but acting like they're working on it. I don't know what steps I can take next.

Hi Mac Mac,

I just got back from dealer who updated software. I can successfully charge my iPhone 12 on the wireless charging pad. Did you check your software version? Here is my "about" screen after the update (Kernel version March 18, 2021):

I just got the most recent software update today. It did not fix the iPhone 12 charger issue. But it did supposedly did fix my AC issue and the set up for future On Call functionality. And it extended my range to 300 miles😀j/k. I wish.

I thought I read somewhere that when the car gets below 20% charge that the Drivers screen will then also show approx. how many Miles/Kms remain - I just did some errands and the charge level was at 18% and it did not show remaining Miles/Kms? Is this something that will get fixed in the software update or is there a setting to turn on? I know I can ask Google what is my range and it will tell me which is fine but, I am quite sure Volvo published info stating below 20% it would show remaining Miles/Kms. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

Did anyone ever get the $1000 worth of accessories from Volvo for their troubles under the warranty?
I have been promised the $750 payment to cover the cost of the home charger. Of course I've also been promised the Rockies will some day win the World Series. My car is due to arrive by the 14th so should know soon.

201 - 220 of 661 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.