Volvo XC40 Forum banner

181 - 200 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I cannot get it to lock after I leave. You can put your finger on the door handle for a few seconds or use the clicker. The below is in the manual but does not work for me and I cannot find a setting to configure this. I will come back hours later without the key and my doors are still unlocked. I too cannot connect to my wifi. I'll try shutting off 5 GHz

Automatic relocking
If none of the doors or the tailgate is opened within 2 minutes of unlocking, they are locked automatically. This function prevents the car from being left unlocked unintentionally.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Me too. I can't get the automatic lock to work. I just tested - put the car in park and then left - and doors were still unlocked when I returned. I have to use the key or put finger on door handle to lock the car.

I cannot get it to lock after I leave. You can put your finger on the door handle for a few seconds or use the clicker. The below is in the manual but does not work for me and I cannot find a setting to configure this. I will come back hours later without the key and my doors are still unlocked. I too cannot connect to my wifi. I'll try shutting off 5 GHz

Automatic relocking
If none of the doors or the tailgate is opened within 2 minutes of unlocking, they are locked automatically. This function prevents the car from being left unlocked unintentionally.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Me too. I can't get the automatic lock to work. I just tested - put the car in park and then left - and doors were still unlocked when I returned. I have to use the key or put finger on door handle to lock the car.
I don't think that's what automatic relocking means. Lock the car manually or with the remote. Then use the remote to unlock the doors. Wait 2 minutes. Car will relock. Basically, a way to make sure you didn't accidentally hit the button to unlock.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
scans is correct. There is no automatic locking function. The automatic re-lock function is there in case you unlock the car by mistake (e.g. hit the fob in your pocket). If the car does not see a door or tailgate open within two minutes, it relocks the car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ahhh. That makes sense. I’ll try your scenario and see what happens.

I don't think that's what automatic relocking means. Lock the car manually or with the remote. Then use the remote to unlock the doors. Wait 2 minutes. Car will relock. Basically, a way to make sure you didn't actually hit the button to unlock.

·
Registered
87 Posts
scans is correct. There is no automatic locking function. The automatic re-lock function is there in case you unlock the car by mistake (e.g. hit the fob in your pocket). If the car does not see a door or tailgate open within two minutes, it relocks the car.
Yes - I have done that - had waited longer then two minutes and then found the car to be locked again - so it works well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
With the A/C, the first time I used it, the fan seemed very weak even on max setting. Cool air was coming out of the dash, but only a light breeze. Today I checked and the vents in the rear seat area were wide open. I guess that's how the dealer left them. I closed those and the fan seems much stronger in the front now. But I still think it should be a bit stronger. I think it's putting air out to the floor and windshield when I'm trying for only dash vents. I tried tapping the climate system and tapping the three different arrows to turn on/off the ones I wanted, but I never saw any change. The manual says when you tap the arrows they either light up or dim to indicate on/off, but that doesn't happen so far as I can tell. Can anyone confirm that those arrows respond to manual touches?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hopefully someone knows how to resolve this - the drivers display (behind the steering wheel) has three display options, 1 - calm 2 vehicle info 3 - Map - I have had all three but yesterday all of a sudden the mapping does not show up in the display window - it is just a black screen with the speed dial on the left and the power dial on the right - any suggestions on how to get to get the map to show up again?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hopefully someone knows how to resolve this - the drivers display (behind the steering wheel) has three display options, 1 - calm 2 vehicle info 3 - Map - I have had all three but yesterday all of a sudden the mapping does not show up in the display window - it is just a black screen with the speed dial on the left and the power dial on the right - any suggestions on how to get to get the map to show up again?
May I suggest a full shutdown and restart of the system? Sounds like the map program crashed (since it is separate from the map shown on the center console)

·
Registered
87 Posts
May I suggest a full shutdown and restart of the system? Sounds like the map program crashed (since it is separate from the map shown on the center console)
Thanks for tip - I took the fob that my wife uses and opened the car and put it in drive and then park - and the map in the driver display showed up with her key fob - then I locked it up took my key opened the car and went in and then the display showed the map in the driver display with my key - weird - but when I had my wife's key in there it must have re-set and now it is working fine. Electronics?? Glitches I guess.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most devices have a choice of active mode when they listen for a key phrase or triggered when they listen but only after a button press. Of course software could make any mic go hot. . .

so there is no setting that only makes it listen in a triggered mode? If not it is just life I still what my shiny new car that is now sitting at the port waiting for it’s new life :)

of course as an ex pat brit I also wonder if it will be like all the other devices/and some people that rarely understand me:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Most devices have a choice of active mode when they listen for a key phrase or triggered when they listen but only after a button press. Of course software could make any mic go hot. . .

so there is no setting that only makes it listen in a triggered mode? If not it is just life I still what my shiny new car that is now sitting at the port waiting for it’s new life :)

of course as an ex pat brit I also wonder if it will be like all the other devices/and some people that rarely understand me:)
I'll bet you can set it to UK English. On one of the screens I saw the term US, which suggests to me that UK is available, but that may be only for km vs. miles, left side vs. right, etc. With my Google phone I can pick the voice and I'd expect that there's a setting for the listening part, too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Most devices have a choice of active mode when they listen for a key phrase or triggered when they listen but only after a button press.
My old portable Garmin unit gives you a choice of assigning it whatever phrase you choose to designate for getting its attention and then start navigation as instructed.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love my gamin. Been buying them for decades. Alas it listens to my wives but rarely to me :p though sometimes I sneeze or cough and then it responds.

I am also pretty sure Garmin does all its voice recognition locally vs google, apple and others that uses the cloud to process and also has people processing them to improve the software. ( not people in real time ).

Still being able to talk to the car will be cool and it is 2021 so I better just go with the tech :)

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for tip - I took the fob that my wife uses and opened the car and put it in drive and then park - and the map in the driver display showed up with her key fob - then I locked it up took my key opened the car and went in and then the display showed the map in the driver display with my key - weird - but when I had my wife's key in there it must have re-set and now it is working fine. Electronics?? Glitches I guess.
Curious to see if you’ve found a good solution to this. I’ve run into the same problem but the key trick hasn’t worked yet. Anyone else also losing their google maps display in the driver screen?

181 - 200 of 248 Posts