Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not getting the "car not parked" warning. But my car is stuck on KPH most of the time and does not show any trip info (including the kwh/100miles). Occasionally it will randomly show MPH and then a usage of 30-40kwh/100miles.
At 75mph steady driving at 65 degrees F we are getting a range of about 175 miles for 90% of battery.
Did a round trip yesterday of 138 miles all at about 70-75 mph and got home with 18% (starting with 89%)
So basically I wont plan anything more than 175 miles at speed. But if I drove slower it would get closer to advertised distance I think. Also we have the roof racks with large pads for paddle boards that probably affect mileage also.
I have no idea how far we have actually driven the car since i cant find an Odometer or the Trip info when its on KPH.
Expecting this to be fixed by dealer later or by software update so not going to worry about it now.

The google maps is easy to use and will quickly tell you the battery life you will have when you arrive at your destination.
This system works well and seems to underestimate by about 3%. For me this quick voice entry of your destination eliminates some of the "range anxiety". The locations of chargers seems to work perfectly also, but you need to do your homework as some private gated chargers are also shown.

Most of the time this car is just my wife's daily runabout car and she absolutely loves it. 150 miles is a long day of running around so she has never had a range issue.
The music apps are working great and Harmon sound system is nice. Interesting that there is no AM radio. But with Iheart and other apps its not an issue. The seats fold flat enough to get a full size bike in the back easily, nice for such a small SUV.
Hopefully the Volvo on Call app will be working soon so we can schedule re-charging for late night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there, I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. I love it! My only complaint is that we don't have an app right now. Does anyone have any details other than "Spring 2021"?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My only complaint is that we don't have an app right now. Does anyone have any details other than "Spring 2021"?
Not helpful beyond what you said.. but this is what the dealer I asked said: "I spoke with the people at Volvo on Call and confirmed with them that the accident notification or SOS button on the car is active and ready to use in the event of an emergency it will automatically activate in the event of an accident. The on call application for the recharge has not been launched yet and will not be ready just yet. I was told that the ETA would coincide with the arrival of all stock units in early spring of 2021."

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve test driven twice and noticed there is a setting for max charge rate which tops out at 48 amps. I’m looking to install an EVSE and am deciding between ‘smart’ and basic. We have time of day electrical service so charging at night is a requirement. I don’t recall seeing a setting for this in the car - did I miss it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve test driven twice and noticed there is a setting for max charge rate which tops out at 48 amps. I’m looking to install an EVSE and am deciding between ‘smart’ and basic. We have time of day electrical service so charging at night is a requirement. I don’t recall seeing a setting for this in the car - did I miss it?
I think with Volvo on Call next month you can program the charging start time. At least i sure hope so because i am tired of plugging it in at 9pm.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On the XC40 Recharge FaceBook group and in this Volvo forum:

There is lots of discussion of the “Week 5” XC40 recharge software update - I think released early feb 2021. People are saying that this has lots of stability improvements and some even report better range. Evidently, this update has to be installed by the dealer.

Anyone with XC40 recharge in US had this update installed yet? Reports?

·
Registered
7 Posts
On the XC40 Recharge FaceBook group and in this Volvo forum:

There is lots of discussion of the “Week 5” XC40 recharge software update - I think released early feb 2021. People are saying that this has lots of stability improvements and some even report better range. Evidently, this update has to be installed by the dealer.

Anyone with XC40 recharge in US had this update installed yet? Reports?
I have nothing to compare to being that it came with this version. Any questions anyone has I can try and answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just go a note from Volvo - had my VIN weeks ago. The car has landed in Port Hueneme, however they are not releasing it to the dealer until they solve the app and software update. They would give no timeline.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just go a note from Volvo - had my VIN weeks ago. The car has landed in Port Hueneme, however they are not releasing it to the dealer until the solve the app and software update. They would give no timeline.
So I guess I lucked out by getting one that the dealer had. Crazy, but I'm glad they're trying to get the app working. It really is the worst thing about this car because manually preconditioning becomes a chore. Fingers crossed you guys get your XC soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just go a note from Volvo - had my VIN weeks ago. The car has landed in Port Hueneme, however they are not releasing it to the dealer until the solve the app and software update. They would give no timeline.
Very frustrating! The car arrived in Tacoma port a few days after it arrived in Hueneme. But this is what the Seattle Volvo salesperson told me - "Also the cars are now being port processed. So it could be about 8-10 business days for them to arrive. We also have to service, detail it, and likely charge it. So it can take even longer possibly. ". At least, your dealer told you the truth!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very frustrating! The car arrived in Tacoma port a few days after it arrived in Hueneme. But this is what the Seattle Volvo salesperson told me - "Also the cars are now being port processed. So it could be about 8-10 business days for them to arrive. We also have to service, detail it, and likely charge it. So it can take even longer possibly. ". At least, your dealer told you the truth!
I didn’t get the information from the dealer, but Volvo corporate - I’ve been updating the dealer who I’m glad isn’t “guessing”.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts