Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own an XC90 and the app gave me so much more info, including location, trip history, sound horn/flash lights etc.

I'd also expect to be able to schedule charging but the only things I can do are lock/unlock and start heating.

This is my xc40 app view, am I missing things?

Automotive lighting Vehicle Bag Luggage and bags Composite material

· Registered
784 Posts
I used to own an XC90 and the app gave me so much more info, including location, trip history, sound horn/flash lights etc.

I'd also expect to be able to schedule charging but the only things I can do are lock/unlock and start heating.

This is my xc40 app view, am I missing things?

View attachment 1937
The rest of the things you are looking for should be coming in early to mid 2022 as promised by Volvo - so will have to wait for the additional features for now.

· Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,191 Posts
I don't even get the percent charge.
Wait, and it will eventually show up (probably). Often seems to be a delay of a couple days after initial pairing/provisioning of your Volvo account before data starts to show up regularly. Other than that, make sure your car is parked where it has LTE cell coverage, eg not in a deep underground garage.

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
535 Posts
I've had very good results with using iphone Personal Hotspot and then sat in car with phone and selected settings/connectivity/Wifi/ my iphone comes up which I selected and saved and this now gives me much longer range than bluetooth, so app always responds very quickly to any changes.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Ok thanks. Disappointing that the older vehicles can do so much more, the big one missing for me is charge scheduling
I imagine all the old functionality will be coming with time once stability of this small subset of features is achieved.

At least I hope so :)

· Registered
2021 XC40
8 Posts
Back in the spring they rolled out a brand new version of the phone app. At the time I had a 2019 XC60 T8, and lost all those nice features in the app. So it's not just the P8 that's missing stuff,they did it to everyone. Very irritating!

· Registered
2021 XC40
8 Posts
If it works. I have the scheduled charging feature now but it doesn't actually function.
I tried the scheduled charging and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. it’s set to not charge during the 4 peak hours each day and I checked a few times during those hours to confirm that it wasn’t charging. Once it hit the scheduled turn on time the car started charging.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
I tried the scheduled charging and it did exactly what it was supposed to do. it’s set to not charge during the 4 peak hours each day and I checked a few times during those hours to confirm that it wasn’t charging. Once it hit the scheduled turn on time the car started charging.
I’m curious as to whether the car has to have the latest software? We have the phone app with scheduled charging showing on it, but the car is still pre-1.7 software here in AUS. Guess I will have to give it a try. Not confident though!

· Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
163 Posts
Since the app updated to 5.8.0 and the car to v1.8, the SoC% reported by the app seems to be totally off (as if it could only update when I'm actually driving the car).
I can't trigger the preheating as well, anymore.
I really wonder what's going on at Volvo software department.
It's been months and they haven't been able to issue a single reliable app which would work consistently. My 2016 BMW 3-Series had much more features and above all it was always consistent and reliable.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Since the app updated to 5.8.0 and the car to v1.8, the SoC% reported by the app seems to be totally off (as if it could only update when I'm actually driving the car).
I can't trigger the preheating as well, anymore.
I really wonder what's going on at Volvo software department.
It's been months and they haven't been able to issue a single reliable app which would work consistently. My 2016 BMW 3-Series had much more features and above all it was always consistent and reliable.
Sounds like your app is not actually connecting to the car.

Try shutting down the app completely on your phone and launching it. I am guessing you will end up with an infilled soc. Which shows the app is not working.

For me when this happens I have to go down to the car. Get in. Now launch the app and get it to hook up with Bluetooth. After this I am the. Able to remote connect the app to the car.

This is what works for me. It may not work for you.

Let us know.

Cheers

· Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
163 Posts
That's what I did.
Opening the doors with the app works.
The app also shows wether the car is plugged or charging or scheduled.
I noticed that the SoC% discrepancy bug between Google Maps and the driver display is stil present. This might be the cause. Resetting infotainment synced them back together but the app still shows the erroneous SoC%.
Seriously Volvo...

· Registered
784 Posts
I’m curious as to whether the car has to have the latest software? We have the phone app with scheduled charging showing on it, but the car is still pre-1.7 software here in AUS. Guess I will have to give it a try. Not confident though!
No - rec'd the app with scheduled charging before installing 1.8 update and the app scheduled charging worked - likely only need the installed app to do scheduled charging from the car's screen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.