Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All taken delivery of my new P8 (Company Car). Ordered last August, Delivered 17th March. Unfortunately I have a broke wrist so can't drive it, my wife loves it though :)

I am a little disappointed that the On Call app doesn't work (And apparently won't until much later in the year) I had an XC T8 and the app was great. Really helped with expenses etc.

Also I have inserted a sim card in the relevant slot - Nothing happens ? Is it just a dumb slot?
The tailgate foot swipe doesn't work?
I thought when I ordered it, it had Park Assist Pilot - Can't find it
The sat nav map in the centre car shows the current car position, the one in front of the driver never moves from the starting position
Google doesn't understand a strong Lancashire accent :) but its learning.

I have dealt with 3 salesman and heard today that this one has left too! Trying to make an appointment to get someone to show me how it should work.

Love the colour (bursting blue) love the looks, and the comfort but can't help feeling I have paid for features that don't work. Should have known as when it was delivered it wouldn't go over 20mph as they had left it in delivery mode.

I swapped from BMW to Volvo three years ago and wouldn't go back - Just a few niggles hopefully I can get them sorted.

Untitledcar.jpg

Peter. Any tips or experience ?

·
Registered
546 Posts
By park assist do you mean the 360 degree parking camera or the auto parking feature?

the former 360 is available on this model but the later (auto parking) is not.

tailgate foot swipe should work If you have the key phob with you. Without key phob It will not auto close with foot swipes but the button still closes it. Not sure why this is, perhaps in case a helpful their wants to close your tail door so nobody steals anything?

I am told There is meant to be a setting so it can recognize English English vs American English.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By park assist do you mean the 360 degree parking camera or the auto parking feature?

the former 360 is available on this model but the later (auto parking) is not.

tailgate foot swipe should work If you have the key phob with you. Without key phob It will not auto close with foot swipes but the button still closes it. Not sure why this is, perhaps in case a helpful their wants to close your tail door so nobody steals anything?

I am told There is meant to be a setting so it can recognize English English vs American English.
Thanks for your help - I did mean the auto park, which my XC60 had, the first salesman i dealt with in August 2020 was vague on this point, I'm not sure he actually knew what the spec would be. I now know it isn't fitted from your post. (Only used it twice on the XC60 so no big loss).

The tailgate sensor definitely doesn't work - I have crawled underneath and see that the dealer fitted the tow bar and not the factory as ordered, so I think there may be an issue with them removing the bumper (fender?) and possibly not reconnecting properly.
Again thanks for your help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts