Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello P8 peeps! I received my new XC40 P8 BEV today, and it's brilliant! One small problem however, the maps are refusing to display on the instrument cluster (they work fine on the central screen). Google Maps works fine on the central touchscreen, but the screen "flickers" when I attempt to switch between the 'Map' mode and normal mode in the Instrument Cluster, and nothing displays.

Has anyone had this issue? Is a 'hard reset' possible?! Or does it need to go to the Retailer?

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a similar issue after a recent software update at the dealer. Ii also caused the seat memory buttons to not work when the door was open. They fixed it by "rebooting" the car, which involved disconnecting the 12 volt battery in the frunk and letting the car sit for 20 minutes before reconnecting it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar issue after a recent software update at the dealer. Ii also caused the seat memory buttons to not work when the door was open. They fixed it by "rebooting" the car, which involved disconnecting the 12 volt battery in the frunk and letting the car sit for 20 minutes before reconnecting it.
Oh interesting! Thanks for the info, do you think this is something that would be advisable to do yourself...? Did it mess up all your settings?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It didn't mess up any settings, it restored the existing functionality. I wouldn't try it myself just because the battery is in the frunk, and there are a number of plastic clips to pop loose to remove the plastic panel covering it. The panel extends across the entire frunk, and is about a foot wide. With the hood open, it's the panel at the very rear of the frunk at the base of the windshield.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had the latest (Apr version) downloaded 2 days ago. The Google Map on instrument cluster appeared with 2 blotches of blue-ish looking thing. Upon suggestions by others here, which is a REBOOT of the Infotainment System (Press the black bar below the Infotainment until a dark screen appears then releases it - pass the screen cleaning screen) - this System rebooted and VOILA.....my Google map on instrument cluster came back on again.

NOTE: For those who'd uploaded the Apr software, there should now only be TWO views available (i) Navi screen (with the Google map) (ii) Calm screen (blank in the middle) (iii) REMOVED - Car Centric (car view - if any door unlock/open, it will show)

DEALER Feedback: Initially, upon reporting to the Service Mgr of the glue-ish blotches on the Instrument panel, I was SHOCKED when told (i) The blue blotches were a new these or setting (ii) Just personal preference, that I should take my inquiry of "what happened to my Google map" to social media instead and Volvo Corp. does not listen to the Dealers.
I was disgusted - it's not "personal preference issue", its "functional issue" that SHOULD be reported to Volvo. In short, DO NOT let your Dealers tell you otherwise. You SHOULD have 2 screens of choice and Google map should still be appearing on your instrument panel !

GREAT NEWS is: I'd "rebooted" the Infotainment system (suggestion by others here) and my Google map came back on panel ! Below pics to share of the before: blue-ish botches and after: Map game back

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Modification to above hold down the center button (home button) for 20 seconds. You should see the words volvo as it reboots.

A lot of cars cannot display the navigation on center console when you get them and the reboot should fix the issue. (Be nice if this happened at the dealership).

I am 97% sure you do not need to disconnect the battery. Dealers are behind the curve of what needs to happen to get the P8 to settle in.

Reactions: MMK

·
Registered
2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 all electric
2 Posts
Hello P8 peeps! I received my new XC40 P8 BEV today, and it's brilliant! One small problem however, the maps are refusing to display on the instrument cluster (they work fine on the central screen). Google Maps works fine on the central touchscreen, but the screen "flickers" when I attempt to switch between the 'Map' mode and normal mode in the Instrument Cluster, and nothing displays.

Has anyone had this issue? Is a 'hard reset' possible?! Or does it need to go to the Retailer?
I had a similar problem. Google updated my maps OTA. After that the nav display would not show the maps. Started by reseting the LTE by holding down the physical defrost button, next to the emergency flasher, for 15 to 25 seconds. Waited for LTE icon to change then release the button and wait for LTE to reappear. Got this from Volvo On Call. Then, before the LTE icon appeared I did a center screen reboot which I got from folks in this forum. Reboot the computer by holding down the home key (big key center bottom of the display) for 20 seconds. When the reboot was complete the maps appeared. I do not know if this will solve your problem but it saved me at trip to the dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts