Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Harmon Kardon sound system in my Recharge. What I think is the rear driver's side speaker sounds rattly with just about all music. Mostly goes away if I turn bass down to the lowest setting but is still noticeable. Happens with all types of music and all volume levels, not just bass heavy stuff. Really hard to pinpoint but feel like I should address it with my Volvo dealer but will they just tell me they don't notice it?

Anyone else have an issue or am I being nitpicky?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had an awful buzz in my Harman Kardon speakers in our other Volvo. I took it to a dealer and they put some felt material in the door, to stop pieces from vibrating against one another. The problem was not fully eliminated but it was measurably reduced.

What was helpful was for me to find a few pieces of music that set the vibration off and play that for the dealer. See if you can find a few songs that hit the right frequencies to set off the buzzing.

For me, a good sampling playlist was Calgary by Bon Iver, Two Weeks by FKA Twigs, Retrograde by James Blake, and On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an awful buzz in my Harman Kardon speakers in our other Volvo. I took it to a dealer and they put some felt material in the door, to stop pieces from vibrating against one another. The problem was not fully eliminated but it was measurably reduced.

What was helpful was for me to find a few pieces of music that set the vibration off and play that for the dealer. See if you can find a few songs that hit the right frequencies to set off the buzzing.

For me, a good sampling playlist was Calgary by Bon Iver, Two Weeks by FKA Twigs, Retrograde by James Blake, and On the Nature of Daylight by Max Richter. :)
Two Weeks would definitely put my speaker into survival mode 😏. Thanks for the tip. Really good advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts