Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that google has YouTube music for the car but not video.

Due to charging there are some down times during which with car is definitely not moving that it might be nice to watch Netflix or other streaming services using the built in screen and surround sound.

Sure I could bring my iPad pro and have a bigger screen but there is a screen sitting there begging to be used.

Anyone know how to utilize this display?

Cheers
ps if not it’s books on tape and music :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Google is explicitly blocking anything video apps right now. It may come one day, but until they allow developers to publish apps that support it there is nothing anyone can do.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well …. What a waste of a sexy little screen :)
Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
They can always expand the list, but this is what I found for the currently supported “app categories”. Based on some discussions I saw on the ABRP forums it sounds like anything outside audio is under a particularly high level of scrutiny right now.

I think it’s a matter of time really. The categories for apps will likely open up once everyone gets more comfortable with knowing different types of controls and so on. I fully expect that one day we’ll see video/games available to rear passengers on a vehicle with multiple screens while driving, but all passengers while charging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts