Volvo XC40 Forum banner

281 - 300 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
congrats and good luck

Make sure you ask for the 1000$ off accessories you got with it :)

Let us know if they honored the above
I sent them the service bulletin and a link to a hitch bike rack (I got the hitch installed).
Other suggestions?

Maybe I apply the $750 to home charger installation instead.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
We have been waiting since February (heat pump version)and no follow up from dealer at all. If I didn’t read this forum, I would have no idea what was going on.

We test drove a Tesla Model Y Saturday and decided on the spot to cancel our Volvo order. The fact that it’s $10,000 cheaper is an extra bonus.

Now I just need to get back the $1000 I put down on the car, hopefully won’t be any hassle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I personally found the Tesla Y to be very unimpressive when compared to the Volvo in regards to fit and finish and drive smoothness/quality. Granted Tesla has more bells and whistles on a computer/self drive front and acceleration. But me personally would need more acceleration than the Volvo already provides, and I don't really care for the autonomous driving. I know I'm in a different boat than most, I never drive more than 100 miles a day and have 3 other gas vehicles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I personally found the Tesla Y to be very unimpressive when compared to the Volvo in regards to fit and finish and drive smoothness/quality. Granted Tesla has more bells and whistles on a computer/self drive front and acceleration. But me personally would need more acceleration than the Volvo already provides, and I don't really care for the autonomous driving. I know I'm in a different boat than most, I never drive more than 100 miles a day and have 3 other gas vehicles.
Sorry, would never need more acceleration than Volvo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any western folks out there who have actually gotten their P8's which came on the ship Tulane starting about ten days ago? My dealer still can't give me a firm date for delivery. Though my car is not being officially "held" at the port, it is still there at Port Hueneme, CA.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Any western folks out there who have actually gotten their P8's which came on the ship Tulane starting about ten days ago? My dealer still can't give me a firm date for delivery. Though my car is not being officially "held" at the port, it is still there at Port Hueneme, CA.
I already have my car, but when it was at Port Hueneme I was told that it would have to wait for the truck to be full before it would leave the port. And that's only after the software update had been made. So it depends on how many other dealers are expecting cars in your region. So if you're in L.A. or the Bay Area, it should be pretty fast, but if you live in Reno or Boise, it may be a long wait, even waiting for the next two or three ships.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got it today. They are ordering the bike rack for the hitch and cargo nets, care of Corporate. I bought, so there was no shenanigans really. I did get rim and tire insurance, because of the 20" rims. Finance didn't really try to sell extended warranty. Their tech person didn't realize no OnCall yet. 6mo or 3gb data (whichever comes first) from att, so i setup to use home wifi and will stream through my phone or use phone as hotspot. You can disable the car SIM.

Drives great. So silent. Adaptive cruise and lane is great. Seats different than I am used to - a bit hard? Just wished they charged it - but it gave me time to post this while charging.....

More soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got it today. They are ordering the bike rack for the hitch and cargo nets, care of Corporate. I bought, so there was no shenanigans really. I did get rim and tire insurance, because of the 20" rims. Finance didn't really try to sell extended warranty. Their tech person didn't realize no OnCall yet. 6mo or 3gb data (whichever comes first) from att, so i setup to use home wifi and will stream through my phone or use phone as hotspot. You can disable the car SIM.

Drives great. So silent. Adaptive cruise and lane is great. Seats different than I am used to - a bit hard? Just wished they charged it - but it gave me time to post this while charging.....

More soon.
Good luck and let me know how you like your volvo. I couldn't take it anymore. Ordered a Tesla and I'm so excited. Whole different experience!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck and let me know how you like your volvo. I couldn't take it anymore. Ordered a Tesla and I'm so excited. Whole different experience!
BTW I got my deposit back from the dealer. How could they not considering all the drama.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
BTW I got my deposit back from the dealer. How could they not considering all the drama.
Just so glad I found this forum. I never would have known what was going on since it was radio silence with the dealer. But I loved the Volvo and it seemed so solid. However, after reading the issues on this forum, didn't want to pay $60K to be a beta tester for Volvo. My dealer didn't even ask me why I was cancelling my order so I assume I'm not the first.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
I will probably have to take it to the dealer when the update becomes available. I’ve had it since mid January and it has not updated once OTA. Maybe the On Call account needs to be activated first? It links to my home wi-fi network when I park in the garage though. So OTA updates should be possible. I still love the car though. I love pulling up to a red light and looking over at a Dodge Charger or Camaro or most muscle cars and thinking...I’m way faster off the line. And sometimes I prove it to them. Tesla when starting out, and recently VW, have had software problems too. So it’s understandable. They’ll fix them eventually.
The software is planned to be available by this weekend. Retailers should be able to take care of the AC issue starting next week (week of April 25).

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
If SW arrives as planned, port release for XC40 P8s will commence week of April 25.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Will it be an over the air update too - or just if the car is brought into the dealer?
Unfortunately, Over the Air updates are not available yet. The car needs to return to the Retailer. Important to know, once the SW is updated, all three keys must be present in the car when provisioning the Volvo On Call app to your phone.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unfortunately, Over the Air updates are not available yet. The car needs to return to the Retailer. Important to know, once the SW is updated, all three keys must be present in the car when provisioning the Volvo On Call app to your phone.
If you do not mind my asking - how did you become away of this update availability?

281 - 300 of 329 Posts