Volvo XC40 Forum banner

XC40 mechanica/technical details?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  340driver 
#1 ·
One thing I'm a bit disappointed with is a lack of reasonably available mechanical/technical info about our cars. I know 95% of people don't care or want to know, but I'm a technoweenie and would love more information.

Does anyone have some resources outside of the owners manual, this and other forums, about what's under the sheetmetal? Access to a service manual would be awesome, I'd even pay a reasonable sum for it.

I plan to put it up on ramps and explore underneath a bit this weekend, and maybe pop the covers from under the hood. But, for no other reason than I love poking around our technological marvels.

#3 ·
IIRC there were some cool “cut away” type videos and clips on the Polestar website for the Polestar 2, which is fairly shared with our vehicle. I realize the interior has some differences, SUV vs Sedan, etc — but the lower underpinnings should be similar enough that a visit to their site or googling Polestar 2 might yield more results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.