Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I work at the factory (Ghent, Belgium) where the XC40 is made as a car electronics engineer/technician. I drive a D4 Launch Edition myself and soon I will pick up my second XC40.

I hope to help you guys with questions and problems. And have some fun reading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Joyva, hope it's not a sore subject, and I know you've probably got bigger worries, (although hopefully not), is there any sign of the factory reopening. My xc40 should have been being built, I believe, this Monday coming:cry::cry:
Hope you are all OK over in Belgium, I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, hope all is well.
@Joyva,
I am wondering if it is possible to enable the rear surround speakers of the HK system without turning on surround. Even with wiring.
If you have any clue it would be great.

Thanks and stay safe.
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!

I work at the factory (Ghent, Belgium) where the XC40 is made as a car electronics engineer/technician. I drive a D4 Launch Edition myself and soon I will pick up my second XC40.

I hope to help you guys with questions and problems. And have some fun reading.

Hello,
can i contact you personally. i live in Aalst belgium, bought an xc40 for the mrs and wondering hhow to install the following in the car
1. navigation software
2. android carplay.
maybe you can gimme some pointers as to where to go.
thank you.

mvg
Bobby Panzer

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi there

can you answer if there is a software upgrade or something in the works to add this into the instrument cluster or the car status section of the system to get the following information ?

1. gauges to indicate :
    1. temperatures,
    2. oil pressure,
    3. battery voltage, etc
thank you so much

·
Registered
13 Posts
I found the oil pressure or the area under the car status for the oil status ... would love to know if Volvo would be doing a software upgrade for the temperature ... sooo IMPORTANT I think . .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Joyva, hope it's not a sore subject, and I know you've probably got bigger worries, (although hopefully not), is there any sign of the factory reopening. My xc40 should have been being built, I believe, this Monday coming:cry::cry:
Hope you are all OK over in Belgium, I'm in the UK.
As for now the start of production is planned at the 27th of this month, if there is a go from the governement. Hope you receive your XC40 soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found the oil pressure or the area under the car status for the oil status ... would love to know if Volvo would be doing a software upgrade for the temperature ... sooo IMPORTANT I think . .
unfortunately those measurements aren’t showed. The car does a full checkup when you wake it up (unlock it) and will tell you if the battery is low. If the temp is going too high you also wil get a warning. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,
can i contact you personally. i live in Aalst belgium, bought an xc40 for the mrs and wondering hhow to install the following in the car
1. navigation software
2. android carplay.
maybe you can gimme some pointers as to where to go.
thank you.

mvg
Bobby Panzer
hi!
normally is the navigation already installed and should be good to go. As for Android auto I believe you have to install an app on your mobile phone and plug the usb cable into the usb port under the display with the white border around it. I’m sure that the procedure is also explained in the manual of the car. I’m not 100% sure about it as I don’t own any android device. Hope it helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Joyva, thanks for the info, hope you and your friends and family are well, and that you can return to work safely. If you are on the production line and a right hand drive denim blue inscription comes down with my name on it, can you sneak a few extra bits on it 😁😁. Stay safe and hopefully all this mess will be cleared up sooner rather than later.
P. S. Do you know when the production changes to MY 21?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Joyva, quick question, bhave they stopped the embossed r design and inscription badges on the rear pillars on the MY21 models. Hope yore OK and working safely👍👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Joyva, quick question, bhave they stopped the embossed r design and inscription badges on the rear pillars on the MY21 models. Hope yore OK and working safely👍👍
Yup they did, only recharge embossed for hybrids now in the new ÄT (MY)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I can recall from my memory there is no r design badging anymore (the fake exhaust tips in the rear bumper are gone too I think). I can’t remember embossing on the headrests on the xc40 (I think that’s something that’s already gone from MY 14 or 15 cars).

on the other side, the recharge badging is very nice now 😄

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think the inscription had the embossing on the headrests, seems like the specs are being lowered, with small details dropped, such as the rear headrests not dropping any more, the car just seems to be losing some of its appeal to me with this minor, penny pinching, becoming just another car among dozens of others 😞😞

·
Registered
8 Posts
Problem is here in the UK, they are taking lots off, but not replacing much, hidden tail pipes is hardly an addition, it's less work, and we started off with a much lower standard spec, an audi q3 with the same spec now seems to be cheaper than the xc40, before the dealer offers come off the q3.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.