Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I enabled the scheduled chargings through the Volvo OnCall android app on the first day and everything worked as expected until this week.
I left my car for the first time 3 days in my garage without using it, always with the power cable connected, but, supposedly when the car finishes the charging automatically turns off the power supply. It turns out that after those 3 days the12v battery got completely dead.

I contacted the official Volvo manufactory in my city and they took my car for analysis. They had to replace the battery and it seems that Volvo informed and confirmed that there is a problem with the charging schedules in the car (after the app sends the information to the car), which even after the car being charged if the power cable continues connected there would be a waste of the 12v battery (I don't know why).

I then ask if this problem has already happened to someone else or if anyone is aware of this flaw in the scheduled chargings?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone,

I enabled the scheduled chargings through the Volvo OnCall android app on the first day and everything worked as expected until this week. ... Thanks in advance
Question: Did Volvo name both the PHEV and the BEV the "XC40 RECHARGE"? Great confusion will abound if they did! Is your vehicle the PHEV? Is the BEV even available yet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Question: Did Volvo name both the PHEV and the BEV the "XC40 RECHARGE"? Great confusion will abound if they did! Is your vehicle the PHEV? Is the BEV even available yet?
Volvo XC40 T5 Recharge = PHEV
Volvo XC40 P8 Recharge = BEV

Their naming is plug-in capable car is Recharge brand. So XC60 T8 and XC90 T8 also got the Recharge name from this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts