Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Wireless Carplay or Android Auto?

16K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Samoan_Rider21 
#1 ·
Seems the trend in web sites is very spares specifics and appeal more to picture and graphics to grab you emotionally in. I can't find anywhere if the XC40 Recharge has wireless Android Auto and Apple Carplay. Looking through the online manual I don't see a reference and the online manual is pretty weak as well.

#2 ·
Best I can tell it does not. Rather weak for a car that costs as much as this does in today's market. when you can get that on entry level cars now...

#6 ·
You can buy a dongle that will convert it to wireless. I've ordered one from an Indiegogo campaign for Android called AA wireless that is scheduled to ship in June however just like everyone else they are having a hard time getting microchips.There are a couple of youtube videos from people who have received theirs showing how it works.

#9 ·
Yeah I purchased the CPLAY2Air and it works great for my wife's iPhone. Every so often she has to hit the button to allow it to pair on the car, but considering min 3 years with her 19 RDX the connected CarPlay rarely worked this is great. They just had a deal for $99 from the regular $129, not sure it is still around. It does take like 2 weeks to get it as they drop ship from China.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.