Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick report of a short trip I did today, which I find quite reassuring regarding consumption / winter driving.
All data in metric system, sorry (Switzerland)

143 kms
Altitude: going uphill from 400m (home) to 1300m (ski resort) and back.
Between 1 and 4°C, with wet roads, snowy roads, winter tires (19")
Twin Engine
v1.7
A bit of traffic, otherwise 100-120 km/h on motorway, 60-80 km/h on other roads.
Heating ON, set to 19°C, steering wheel heating ON
Left at 79% SoC, arrived at the ski resort at 54% did a quick charge up there but would have ended up at 41% back home apparently.
=> 25.5 kWh/100km

I'd say not bad for this kind of trip.

Cloud Sky Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

Photograph Snow White Light Black

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
549 Posts
Looks like that converts to ~410 wh/mi … or 41.0 kWh/100mi for those in the USA trying to compare. Which seems pretty spot on! We did a ~300 mile journey yesterday almost all expressway driving in temps just above freezing and saw just marginally better usage than what you got here, on the al season tires 20” — thanks for sharing your experience!

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
Nice! Yep. That sounds pretty good! We’re averaging 22.2 kWh/100 km (~35 kWh/100 mi) in mixed freeway and rural roads mostly (very little city/stop/go) and average temps here in rural VIC Australia have been around 10-15C for most of that. Hoping it improves a bit in warmer summer temps as we did one drive on a warm ~22C day and it averaged closer to 20 kWh/100 km.

· Registered
160 Posts
Nice! Yep. That sounds pretty good! We’re averaging 22.2 kWh/100 km (~35 kWh/100 mi) in mixed freeway and rural roads mostly (very little city/stop/go) and average temps here in rural VIC Australia have been around 10-15C for most of that. Hoping it improves a bit in warmer summer temps as we did one drive on a warm ~22C day and it averaged closer to 20 kWh/100 km.
When it heats up and i do a short run down the shops the aircon kills mine, in the 5 mins it cools the car down perfectly and then i go shopping so the consumption per km is through the roof but the car is nice!!! on a trip not as much an issue because i precool it on the mains and once cold its good, will find out next week when i go to perth. btw even at the 41c days we have had not an issue with the AC :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.