Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Crystal White XC40 Recharge Pure Electric P8
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any winter suggestions for XC40 Recharge P8 with 20” wheels. Ideally I would like studded snow tires and/or traction devices & where to purchase these items. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I think the Volvo accessory store has chains and traction wraps.

I know nothing about snow tires though.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have long used Bridgestone Blizzak winter tires on our other Volvos, but I don’t see them available at the two places I generally lean on (Costco and Tirerack). Tirerack has a Vredesrein Wintrac Pro, and Costco has Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 and Michelin X-Ice Snow. Anyone have any personal feelings about any of those?

I have also been watching for take-off wheels from a P8 but no luck thus far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you get snow tires of adequate load index (100 or greater per the manual) and rims of adequate load capacity do we really need to keep the staggered tire size? Would any tire with a 28ish overall diameter do? Stock size has between 6 and 8 revolutions per mile difference between front and back. Once I get mine (will be the wife's car as a replacement for our Chevy bolt) I will see if the 29binch overall diameter winter tires (235 55 19) from our xc90 fit. **I don't encourage anyone else to try this, but a square setup of similar sized tires give us more choices.

·
Registered
2021 Crystal White XC40 Recharge Pure Electric P8
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any winter suggestions for XC40 Recharge P8 with 20” wheels. Ideally I would like studded snow tires and/or traction devices & where to purchase these items. Thank you in advance!
If anyone would like to be prepared for the upcoming winter season. Here are some options that may work for you.
I found Studded Snow Tires (235/45R20) from www.Tires-Easy.com at a decent price of $257.53. They currently don't have the rear size (255/40R20) in stock.
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 SUV (Studded) 235/45R20XL 100T BSW
I also found the Snow Chains, Part Number: 32207548 from the Riley Volvo website at a great price: $355.75 + shipping.
As stated on their website they fit XC40 Pure electric wheel/ tire sizes only - 235/50 /R19 & 235 / 45 / R20
Product Details | SimplePart rileyvolvocarsstamford.com
**I have no winter experience with the 2021 Volvo Recharge P8 so I do not recommend anyone else try these possible options without researching them for yourselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts