Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find a windshield sun shade for the 2021`s.

Well, I take that back. I saw it on the Volvo parts website but it's $128 and that's a little more than I wanted to pay.

I live in Texas, so even if the rest of the country is getting cooler, we're still dealing with the heat.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't usually have this problem (in NH and work from home) so don't bother with those shades. But what's the "fit" issue with a windshield sun shade for an XC40? I may look into one of these if I ever have to park outside on a hot summer day but my first thought would be to just buy a cheap one from some big box store.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I haven't personally tried it, but I have thought about getting this one.
I saw this but wasn't sure if the 2020 would fit the 2021. I'm fairly sure it will but just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't usually have this problem (in NH and work from home) so don't bother with those shades. But what's the "fit" issue with a windshield sun shade for an XC40? I may look into one of these if I ever have to park outside on a hot summer day but my first thought would be to just buy a cheap one from some big box store.
Where I live, usually until December, it stays pretty hot. We had 110 degree summer days. I found that if I have a shade that covers 100% of the windshield, I can actually enter my car without having to wait for a few minutes with the door open...except for the outside door handle. You can burn skin if you're not careful!

It's not everyday and it's really not a necessity, but I like the way my car looks with a nicely fitted screen. I hate it when they sag.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
34 Posts
Where I live, usually until December, it stays pretty hot. We had 110 degree summer days. I found that if I have a shade that covers 100% of the windshield, I can actually enter my car without having to wait for a few minutes with the door open...except for the outside door handle. You can burn skin if you're not careful!

It's not everyday and it's really not a necessity, but I like the way my car looks with a nicely fitted screen. I hate it when they sag.
an easy way to get the hot air out is hold the unlock button down on your key fob for a few seconds and all 4 windows will roll down and your HVAC system will turn on to push all the hot air out of your car for like 15 or 20 seconds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts