Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that our P8 says that for its wifi connection, "internet is not available" and the wifi symbol on the display shows a little "x".

I was going to troubleshoot it, then thought - why? There is no purpose to the car's wifi at the present, is there?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've noticed that our P8 says that for its wifi connection, "internet is not available" and the wifi symbol on the display shows a little "x".

I was going to troubleshoot it, then thought - why? There is no purpose to the car's wifi at the present, is there?
Faster downloads when you have crappy LTE reception, like inside my garage. Of course there’s not that much to download yet - just offline Google maps, Play Store apps, etc. It’s not yet clear if we’ll ever be able to download OTA car updates over Wi-Fi, or just over LTE while driving.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
WiFi is very useful for when the lte goes belly up in the middle of a city or other situations where you need to be connected.

I set my P8 to use my phones hotspot. I also think this is good to do ahead of time so when you need it you still have it.

I also come from having Garmin gps from before it was popular so I am used to a navigation system which has never failed me so back up is needed in my mind.

So far I have had to use this backup once.

Reactions: DeaneG
1 - 4 of 4 Posts