Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I back up and look at my camera view on my screen, the screen is split in half - the top part is the computerized view of the car, and the bottom is a condensed camera view of what's happening behind me. I would like to have the screen completely full with the back camera view so I have a better look at what's going on behind me. I have what they call the "standard" model of Recharge that apparently doesn't have the 360 view or adaptive cruise control (every other car I've owned has adaptive cruise control as a standard feature!). Of course, Volvo has no idea if this is normal with standard Recharges or if it's a setting somewhere. Help!

·
Registered
54 Posts
My understanding is the reason for showing the car is so you can pick from different cameras. It is also where the little lines appear for the proximity sensors, which are all around the vehicle.

Knowing you don’t have the 360 view, does it have buttons on the car to pick different views? I’m guessing no if there’s aren’t multiple cameras to pick from. Also, if you back up close to an object, do yellow/orange/red lines appear on the car view as you get closer to something?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding! When I touch the car image on the top of the screen, nothing changes. And there are no settings available for me to change the view. Yes, I do get the yellow/orange/red lines as I get closer. It amazes me that a $55,000 car doesn't include optional viewing angles and adaptive cruise contol. :cautious:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah, seems like they recycled a view between all the models. Unfortunate that it takes up so much room on you and yet does nothing.

I completely agree that the viewing angles and adaptive cruise should be included in the base model though. These are convenience features, sure, but there’s also a safety aspect to them that you would think Volvo would be all over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Precisely! Maybe they can add these features in some future update, or if they must charge for such an update, make it a few hundred dollars as opposed to $2,400.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Auto assist is a clearly stated option. Removal of this option lowers the entry price of the vehicle to make it cost competitive.

It is an elective only option for most, but not all vehicles.

As it requires multiple cameras at the factor build, it is doubtful it can be added as a software upgrade.

·
Registered
83 Posts
On the same subject is there a way to make it default to the 360 view (if installed) or do you have to hit the camera button from the standard reversing view every time?

·
Registered
87 Posts
On the same subject is there a way to make it default to the 360 view (if installed) or do you have to hit the camera button from the standard reversing view every time?
Everytime we put it in reverse - see the full 360 camera view - then if you want can choose to view only rear front or sides - but view is the full screen - so not sure if there is a setting to change that. Maybe ask Google? Or check the in car owners manual in the centre screen.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you. Will do when it gets here hopefully next week.

it was from 2 test drives I was commenting on the reversing / 360.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts