If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Volvo XC40, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one. :smile
Maybe I'm biased from previous vehicles that I own or have owned but here is my (subjective) list:If you can share a few things about your ownership of the Volvo XC40, what would it be? The most liked or hated, share them with every one I am sure you won't be the only one. :smile
Regarding your fourth bullet, there are two trip computers. I believe the one you are referring to is the TA which resets automatically. There is also a TM which you can reset manually whenever you wish. Like you, I reset that every time I get gas so I can calculate MPG based on miles driven since the last fillup. You can change your dash display to show either trip computer, TA or TM. Switch to TM and I think you'll have what you're looking for. The reset button is on the end of the turn signal lever; just press and hold for a few seconds until you see the mileage return to zero.We have had a 21 T5 R-Design a short period, but my overall comments understanding this is my wife’s car;
-with 20s ride is a tad firm for me
- car in bursting blue looks amazing
- while 20s make the ride more firm they look amazing
- darn Europeans, show me the TPMS readout for per tire pressure (huge pet peeve for me)
- do not like that the auto trip computer resets after sitting 4 hours, give me the option of time or fuel fill up. Miss that on my Acura’s that would reset trip A on fuel fill up. Makes it easier to estimate your remains range as fuels gauges suck for accuracy.
- Rear hatch power motor sounds like it is straining, but it is fast
- love the option to close rear hatch and lock the car with one push button
- Love the camera resolution and the 360 camera view
- gauge cluster is beautiful
- have read complaints about Sense and the center stack, but it is very responsive and seems reasonably intuitive once you get the basics
- center screen resolution is excellent
- oddly I have drive this and a P8 and the seats I. The T5 seems fine (bordering on too firm for me),but the P8 was much firmer and stiffer
- hate the side like inserts, this has become the norm now in “sporty” models, but I hate it as it makes seat feel warmer and precluded vented seats, which I prefer. Curious to see the inserted sided after 3-4 years, bet they look worse than 3-4 year old leather
- Car lacks that tight build feel. Door closing lacks the thud tight sound I have been used to in every car I have had for over 15 years.
- Polestar option seems to be a money grab by dealers since most of their R-Design cars have the option installed and is a waste compared to the standard Dynamic mode.
- Standard sound system is adequate for main stream users, but wish we had thevHK, but most cars did not have that option.
Not a bad car, curious to see how it holds up over time since other than my Audi this is first non-Asian car