Volvo XC40 Forum banner

What state of charge was your car delivered with?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm awaiting picking up my car and was wondering what state of charge was your car delivered with? Is the expectation 100% or only if you request it?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
111 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm awaiting picking up my car and was wondering what state of charge was your car delivered with? Is the expectation 100% or only if you request it?
I suspect 80 or 90%, since that is what normal charge is and 100% would only be required if departing on a long range trip.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I believe it was 100% as I asked them to fully charge it. As soon as s I got it I set it to 90%

·
Registered
38 Posts
I didn't ask - dealer did it. No problem with it at all. Just trying to be nice guys.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
27 Posts
100%. Default setting is 100%, even though they recommend only 90%.
I think the original poster meant what % was the battery at, not what the max SOC was set at in the settings...was your car delivered with a full 100% charge on the batteries?

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
71 Posts
Dealer charged to 80% and when I asked my sales rep he said that they were told by Volvo to not charge over 80%. Then I showed him in the manual where 90% is OK and acceptable. But then again, this was only the 3rd or 4th BEV Volvo they sold.

·
Registered
2021 P8
18 Posts
I think the original poster meant what % was the battery at, not what the max SOC was set at in the settings...was your car delivered with a full 100% charge on the batteries?
Right, I know what OP meant. And I was suggesting that it was charged to 100% because that’s the factory default. Dealer isn’t going to go in and toggle to 90%, they don’t care.

·
Registered
2 Posts
10%. After I complained and they gave me attitude they plugged it into their level 2 charger for an hour. Had just enough charge to get home.

·
Registered
279 Posts
10%. After I complained and they gave me attitude they plugged it into their level 2 charger for an hour. Had just enough charge to get home.
Well that’s not right. Usually you get a half or full tank of gas with an ice so they shd give you at least a half or full charge - should be common dealer practice. Hope you do not have to get too much service from them in the future.

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
15 Posts
I picked up the first one with 86% on it, and I believe the second XC-40 we bought a week later had around 80%.

·
Registered
2021 volvo xc40 recharge
16 Posts
I got mine with 75% and there was zero knowledge about the charger I was supposed to get. I have yet to see my chargepoint charger and I bought my car in July.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts