Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a lot of threads outlining issues, which is great to know how to solve them and builds a good community, but we don’t have a what do we love about it.

I’ll start (my personal thoughts)
  • The looks. In all colors
  • Drives like a hot hatch, feels like a tank
  • The power

I’m sure I will be adding more but that’s a good start.

·
Registered
135 Posts
its such a solid car and it drives as smoothly as any mercedes I've driven. the build quality is top notch. i like that its safe and the company values safety so highly. mostly though, i like the looks and swooshing around all while never going to a gas station again. i don't think pinning myself to the back/headrest will ever get old.

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge P8
22 Posts
For us it is
1. Styling
2. Acceleration
3. Quietness
4. Top safety rating (IIHS Top+)
5. Good balance of soft and hard buttons. My wife disliked Tesla's 99% soft buttons interface. Screen interface is one of the top Tesla complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love everything except android automotive. The power, great seats, interior and exterior design and quality, all the features and then there’s the slow and buggy android automotive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We have a lot of threads outlining issues, which is great to know how to solve them and builds a good community, but we don’t have a what do we love about it.

I’ll start (my personal thoughts)
  • The looks. In all colors
  • Drives like a hot hatch, feels like a tank
  • The power

I’m sure I will be adding more but that’s a good start.
I love just about everything so much I have absolutely no pangs of regret about ditching my manual transmission BMW.

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge Twin
32 Posts
So many things.

The pickup/acceleration.
The feel of the drive - it feels solid and tight.
Passing gas stations - there's a limit of 30 litres of gas right now due to disruptions in the supply chain now in south western BC.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
219 Posts
- No gas - That is number one why we bought the car. In BC as it was mentioned we have 30L limit per visit for perhaps at least two weeks but in general we have one of the most expensive gas in North America.
- It is Volvo - sounds perhaps stupid but I drove Volvo all my live with one exception - Peugeot 205 for 10 months in Europe.
  • Power and Acceleration
  • Handling

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lagom - Swedish word for balanced - the "goldilocks" car
  • Size: just right - practical - not too big or too small
  • Ride: A nice balance of sportiness and composure
  • Tech: Advanced, but not so advanced it feels like you're driving by iPad.

This makes the XC40 Recharge a perfect balance for my wife and me to both enjoy (where as she hated the Model Y we traded in on it).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts