Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first long-ish road trip this weekend and spent some time in the back seat for the first time as well. Anyone know what this is or what it's used for? Seems like something fits in it then locks in place. Also first public charging along the way...good experience all-around!

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
978 Posts
View attachment 989 Took my first long-ish road trip this weekend and spent some time in the back seat for the first time as well. Anyone know what this is or what it's used for? Seems like something fits in it then locks in place. Also first public charging along the way...good experience all-around!
They are pre-set sockets for accessories. For example, I have the protective grille installed for my fury baby, and thats where they’re attached to.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Attachments for Volvo’s legendary bdsm range of gear … You don’t think the tinted glass in the rear was just for the sun …
Or
Coat hangers and other mundane things.

Reactions: PinkFreud

·
Registered
672 Posts
It's an awful location for hanging dry cleaning, too close to the door. Anyone have the hook that goes in the other slots?
Yes I bought the hooks that go in the slots in the ceiling of the car above the back doors - they work well. They are not identical - you need a left and a right if doing both sides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to the add-on hooks that go over the rear doors, but I just lay the dry cleaning down in the trunk.
do you have the part number for hooks? I have the rear cargo metal gate and really like it for keeping my dogs in back and it folds up out of the way when not in use. I thought the rear passenger holes were a strange place to put the gate. Would like to put something useful in those slots.

·
Registered
190 Posts
do you have the part number for hooks? I have the rear cargo metal gate and really like it for keeping my dogs in back and it folds up out of the way when not in use. I thought the rear passenger holes were a strange place to put the gate. Would like to put something useful in those slots.
XQauto ABS Plastic Interior Roof Hooks Clothes Hanger Hook Trim for Volvo V90 S90 XC40 XC60 XC90 2015-2020 (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09195QBPN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SDJND8K7WS2RENT9GERE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's an awful location for hanging dry cleaning, too close to the door. Anyone have the hook that goes in the other slots?
I purchased two coat hanging accessory hooks from my local Volvo dealer. One right and one left to go into the holes that are above the windows in the rear seats. When I asked why they were not provided like in most cars, Volvo told me that if used, they could interfere with the back seat side air bags. He said that volvos are built with safety in mind and they should only be used if no one is riding in the rear seats. I guess that makes sense... but we went to hang a universal clothes bar up and couldn't. :(

·
Registered
672 Posts
I purchased two coat hanging accessory hooks from my local Volvo dealer. One right and one left to go into the holes that are above the windows in the rear seats. When I asked why they were not provided like in most cars, Volvo told me that if used, they could interfere with the back seat side air bags. He said that volvos are built with safety in mind and they should only be used if no one is riding in the rear seats. I guess that makes sense... but we went to hang a universal clothes bar up and couldn't. :(
I am not sure that the dealer response is correct - those receptacles that the coat hooks mount in are used for a nunmber of uses including a protective barrier that mounts in them to keep pets out of the back seat etc. so I would think they are not included originally because of the a number of uses those receptacles are used for.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Tired of struggling with the dry cleaning I tried to order a hanger.

My request online went into a black hole so I eventually went by the parts department at the dealer yesterday. They struggled in the same way. Despite a hook listed for a charcoal XC40 with a panoramic roof it was not compatible with the Recharge. I asked them to push the issue up the chain and get me a solid answer.

That being said, if you have a hook you use in the XC40 Recharge and can get a part number I would appreciate it.

For clarity, it is my wife's car so I want to stay with genuine parts. I'm lucky that she'll slow down long enough for me to pick up my dry cleaning as it is.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tired of struggling with the dry cleaning I tried to order a hanger.

My request online went into a black hole so I eventually went by the parts department at the dealer yesterday. They struggled in the same way. Despite a hook listed for a charcoal XC40 with a panoramic roof it was not compatible with the Recharge. I asked them to push the issue up the chain and get me a solid answer.

That being said, if you have a hook you use in the XC40 Recharge and can get a part number I would appreciate it.

For clarity, it is my wife's car so I want to stay with genuine parts. I'm lucky that she'll slow down long enough for me to pick up my dry cleaning as it is.
I purchased a pair from Amazon, fit perfectly, see link below:

Volvo Coat Hanger

·
Registered
757 Posts
Slightly related topic… has anyone installed the OEM sunglasses holder? Looking at the part under the XC40 it says “the accessory offered is not intended for vehicles with panoramic roof as the headlining could be damaged”.
The same part is used for the XC60 but it doesn’t seem to cause any issues with that model.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts