Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first long-ish road trip this weekend and spent some time in the back seat for the first time as well. Anyone know what this is or what it's used for? Seems like something fits in it then locks in place. Also first public charging along the way...good experience all-around!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
Not absolutely sure but as I understand it, they accept accessories like the "steel protective grille" compartment divider (eg, keeping your dogs from coming into the driver's area.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh, got it. Just noticed a similar slot closer to the cargo section. Makes perfect sense...thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
View attachment 989 Took my first long-ish road trip this weekend and spent some time in the back seat for the first time as well. Anyone know what this is or what it's used for? Seems like something fits in it then locks in place. Also first public charging along the way...good experience all-around!
They are pre-set sockets for accessories. For example, I have the protective grille installed for my fury baby, and thats where they’re attached to.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Attachments for Volvo’s legendary bdsm range of gear … You don’t think the tinted glass in the rear was just for the sun …
Or
Coat hangers and other mundane things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts