Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has tests this yet? If not I will get round to it :)

Was wondering if voc is locked out when someone is driving the car.

Can you unlock the doors whilst someone is driving it. Can you switch on the ac?

Okay not exactly exciting but as we get more functionality it might become more important.

Not voc so slightly of topic but I wonder what a key fob can do to a car in motion. Can it open the trunk? Can it open or close the windows? Harder to test as it is local communication vs internet.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
HA, I 'd be happy getting VOC working while its parked :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazingly my voc is working now despite my continued just wait attitude. I get sucked in to trying it one more time and it works.

Of course will it work in a week? Maybe. Maybe not. If not I will go back to waiting for the real release.

Good luck on yours working sometime. How are you enjoying your P8 now it is back in your hands?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wondering if anyone has tests this yet? If not I will get round to it :)

Was wondering if voc is locked out when someone is driving the car.

Can you unlock the doors whilst someone is driving it. Can you switch on the ac?

Okay not exactly exciting but as we get more functionality it might become more important.

Not voc so slightly of topic but I wonder what a key fob can do to a car in motion. Can it open the trunk? Can it open or close the windows? Harder to test as it is local communication vs internet.
I have not tested it with the P8. I have been using VOC with my XC60 for over three years. When the vehicle is being driven, you cannot use any of the features you mentioned. You will get a blue error message on top of the screen "Vehicle is in use".

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not tested it with the P8. I have been using VOC with my XC60 for over three years. When the vehicle is being driven, you cannot use any of the features you mentioned. You will get a blue error message on top of the screen "Vehicle is in use".
Sweet. I had hoped this would be the case. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Jezza

·
Super Moderator
260 Posts
Sweet. I had hoped this would be the case. Thanks for the info.
This is true of the XC40 as well. Vehicle/app functions are disabled when the ignition is on. If the vehicle is stolen, the owner -- in conjunction with the police -- can contact VOC to conduct Stolen Vehicle Tracking. In that instance, the Volvo On Call service center sends a message to the car to determine the car's position and notify the police. The Volvo On Call service center can deactivate the remote control keys in order to prevent the car from being started. A deactivated car can only be restarted by contacting the Volvo On Call service center and providing the required verification with PIN code. I do not believe this works to disable a car that is already started; it will only prevent it from being restarted -- but the police will still be notified of its location. Note that a customer cannot initiate this request on her own; it must be done in tandem with the police.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
When the vehicle is being driven, you cannot use any of the features you mentioned. You will get a blue error message on top of the screen "Vehicle is in use".
I tested in a controlled environment, i.e., a parking lot. No error message, just had a spinning wheel. Never did unlock the doors. Had to exit the app.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tested in a controlled environment, i.e., a parking lot. No error message, just had a spinning wheel. Never did unlock the doors. Had to exit the app.
Good test citizen scientist :)

Where you in the garage? Wondering about Bluetooth connection code path vs internet code path. Should be the same but in years of coding have learnt that should is not something to rely on :)
Where you in the garage? Wondering about Bluetooth connection code path vs internet code path. Should be the same but in years of coding have learnt that should is not something to rely on :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts