Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
1- You should have a NEMA 14-50 cable "end" (for your 240v leg); as 2x others noted above, what you received is not standard, nor correct. Based on what the rest of us have received, and the whole fact that the cable included w/car is 40A capable, I'd say they owe you a correct/swap out there.

2- ChargePoint's relationship with Volvo is "3rd party" so keep that in mind. With that said, Volvo did not pre-purchase any sort of hardware, they just negotiated a deal where they get invoiced for the hardware. Even BEFORE the XC40 P8 came out, ChargePoint was WAY back-ordered on their wall box units. While it is nice of them to be giving customers something for free (at Volvo's expense), the fact is this back-order pre-dates the release of our model car.

To that end... I'd personally suggest you take the credit, and use that for trips/fast charging, as there are other wall box units that are the same if not better quality, more feature packed, and more importantly, FAR more readily available. My two cents.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.