Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
255 Posts
Wow, nice coincidence.

I have seen a total of two XC40 (ice) and ZERO other P8s in Sacramento. I know there's about 15-ish sold by my dealer, the only one in Sacramento area but I still haven't seen any in the wild.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have seen more Tesla’s and Mach-E running wild around the areas I frequent but ZERO P-8s…..quite an endangered species…..

·
Registered
270 Posts
In Silicon Valley it's common to see four to five Model 3's at a traffic light. P8s are still very rare.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yeah I have not noticed any ICE XC40s and no P8s, I have seen 1 ID.4 on the road.

·
Registered
609 Posts
In Silicon Valley it's common to see four to five Model 3's at a traffic light. P8s are still very rare.
From DFW down to Austin, TX, Tesla is like another “Honda” in terms of commonality - used to be a head turner but not anymore especially Model 3s……Still think Model S is as sexy as **** !
Recently, a friend of mine was at a party and said “Hey….you know our friend Greg got a new Tesla”
Me: “ohh??? Which one?”
Friend:”..a red one…”
Me:” I mean which model?”
Friend:”…the egg one…”
Hahhahaha

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
225 Posts
I have yet those see another P8 yet in the area. The local Volvo dealer is low volume for the BEV. They‘ve received 4, including a demo ( which they sold right away). No inventory of P8s in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
4 dealers here in metro-Atlanta and between then I would surprised if they sold more than 75-100 combined. I enjoy having a sleeper EV that does not stand out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have seen likely hundreds of other XC40s in the area, but only have seen a single other XC40 P8. And I have seen the same one twice, once a block from my house a month ago, and again at the nearby grocery store yesterday. Appears to be an exact replica of mine - Silver (White) with 20 inch wheels. Did not get an opportunity to park next to it for a photo like that above. I waved at owner as she was driving out and I was driving in, but no response (perhaps she did not notice from my grill, that I was driving the ultra-unique P8).

·
Registered
204 Posts
I haven't seen any, yours included, but I don't get around much. Mine's bursting blue. What color is yours? I'll be on the lookout for it. I don't think I've even seen the gas XC40 anywhere except on the dealer lot.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I haven't seen any, yours included, but I don't get around much. Mine's bursting blue. What color is yours? I'll be on the lookout for it. I don't think I've even seen the gas XC40 anywhere except on the dealer lot.
Our P8 is white. I'll watch for bursting blue! We've seen maybe three gas XC40's in town since we started waiting for the P8 about a year ago. My Model 3 is also white, which narrows it down to about 10,000 cars in Silicon Valley and maybe 1000 in Cupertino. Last week I saw four white Model 3's at a traffic light including mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve only seen one other P8 in the 2 months that I’ve owned mine. I was driving past a charging station and saw a white one (mine is onyx black). I got so excited to see another one.

There are a ridiculous amount of Tesla’s in my area… I’ve counted over ten on my single neighborhood street alone! When I drive around the Los Angeles area I see them on pretty much every turn I make. It was one of the contributing factors in me deciding on the P8; I didn’t want a car that EVERYONE had.

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's strange that the only way you can tell the difference between a T5 (ICE) and P8 (EV) is the grill, the black roof trim, or look real close at the badge on the liftgate. Most other auto makers use some sort of blue trim to signify an EV.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It's strange that the only way you can tell the difference between a T5 (ICE) and P8 (EV) is the grill, the black roof trim, or look real close at the badge on the liftgate. Most other auto makers use some sort of blue trim to signify an EV.
Wheels are another tip off as many were sold with the 20s and they look different than the ICE wheels.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
225 Posts
I wrapped my grill in black carbon fiber, so it looks more like the ICE/PHEV from the front. That large mass of white in the front always looked dirty with bugs and misc. road grime.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Pictures please

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have seen one P8. On my recent trip saw 2 ikeas charging 4 bolts.

charging stations between Seattle and ca (i5 corridor and route 101) I generally deserted occasionally one other. Still this is a trip route and folks may not be taking their evs on trips.

saw about 8 Tesla’s driving around.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, nice coincidence.

I have seen a total of two XC40 (ice) and ZERO other P8s in Sacramento. I know there's about 15-ish sold by my dealer, the only one in Sacramento area but I still haven't seen any in the wild.
I saw my first XC40 P8 in the wild at a Sacramento suburb Panera. Maybe Panera attracts a certain crowd? Theirs was sold off the lot in April. Mine was ordered in Oct, 2019 and delivered in May.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts