Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Has anyone installed the 2021 XC40 (ice) WeatherTech floorliners in the 2021 P8? WeatherTech's website displays "Coming Soon" for these floorliners. I'd like to install sooner rather than later. Thought since the P8 was built upon a common XC40 chassis they might fit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Question: Has anyone installed the 2021 XC40 (ice) WeatherTech floorliners in the 2021 P8? WeatherTech's website displays "Coming Soon" for these floorliners. I'd like to install sooner rather than later. Thought since the P8 was built upon a common XC40 chassis they might fit.
No do not have weathertech but do have Volvo ICE winter mats and they work and fit perfectly in the 2021 P8.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Yes, I got the Weathertech all-season liner which fits perfectly for the P8 (based on ICE model as the built is the same). Only available for the Driver and Passenger side currently. Also got the Weathertech trunk liner

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I got the Weathertech all-season liner which fits perfectly for the P8 (based on ICE model as the built is the same). Only available for the Driver and Passenger side currently. Also got the Weathertech trunk liner
MK, Thanks for the confirm. Will order. It looks like the WeatherTech site has the 2nd row floor liners. Will give it try and give feedback later.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I got my P8 and we have the WeatherTech driver/passenger mats in the Wife's 21 XC40 T5, was going to try then and see in my P8, but sounds like they are the same.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have the P8, my wife as T5 and while the non-P8 mats seems to fit, they are not a perfect fit like the wife's car. Even the Rubber mats that came with each of our cars are different. It does seem like the front floors are slightly different. Best I can tell the WeatherTech mats will not cause any danger, but the dead pedal area has a gap the that when you put your foot there will bow the side of the mat in a tad.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the P8, my wife as T5 and while the non-P8 mats seems to fit, they are not a perfect fit like the wife's car. Even the Rubber mats that came with each of our cars are different. It does seem like the front floors are slightly different. Best I can tell the WeatherTech mats will not cause any danger, but the dead pedal area has a gap the that when you put your foot there will bow the side of the mat in a tad.
Thanks for the additional info. I ordered the floorliners. Supposed to arrive Sunday. Anxious to have the additional protection as we live on a dirt/mud road. If the floorliners are not a perfect fit we'll live with them for the time being and upgrade later if necessary

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I received an email from Weathertech stating the P8 fronts should be ready in 8-10 weeks.

Reactions: VikingShip

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I received the Weathertech floor lines a couple days ago. The driver and Passenger front liners fit acceptably but are not a perfect. Far better protection than the Volvo winter mats. Cargo Liner fits fine. 2nd row liners are a bust. Do not order. Wait for the P8 liners in 8-10 weeks as noted by He Keith.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I received the Weathertech floor lines a couple days ago. The driver and Passenger front liners fit acceptably but are not a perfect. Far better protection than the Volvo winter mats. Cargo Liner fits fine. 2nd row liners are a bust. Do not order. Wait for the P8 liners in 8-10 weeks as noted by He Keith.
Did same thing. Ordered the driver and passenger ones using XC40 fit - it’s pretty good. Trunk liner fit well - I haven’t touched the 2nd row yet so to your point, will wait till Weathertech publishes it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I used to be a big weathertech fan, but with my last car - a Subaru Outback I went with 3D MAXPIDER floor mats instead and much prefer those. I found their traction better and easier to clean. You can find more info about them here 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection
I saw those but haven’t tried them - it’s more of comfort of sticking to same brand - perhaps they have those for the 2nd row then I can test it out too.
thanks for the info !

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I used to be a big weathertech fan, but with my last car - a Subaru Outback I went with 3D MAXPIDER floor mats instead and much prefer those. I found their traction better and easier to clean. You can find more info about them here 3D® Custom Fit Floor & Cargo Liner | Redefine Protection
Thank will check them out, I was meh with the WeatherTechs in the wife’s XC40 but finding another brand that makes them for Volvo is tough. Volvo volumes are low they don’t usually invest in making mates for them.

looks like they only show the XC40, so I emailed them about the Recharge, they look like nice mats.

Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge Sage
16 Posts
Thank will check them out, I was meh with the WeatherTechs in the wife’s XC40 but finding another brand that makes them for Volvo is tough. Volvo volumes are low they don’t usually invest in making mates for them.

looks like they only show the XC40, so I emailed them about the Recharge, they look like nice mats.
Let me know what they say, as I was going to get them in a few months. The ones i had in the outback were the KAGU line, they do have a few other lines. The only thing i didn't like was the silver logo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts