Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something about the waste bin that bothers me, and I don't know if it is by Volvo design or a flaw in my car. When you push down the spring-loaded cover flap, it catches in the down/open position and does not lift back up to close. Instead, you have to release the catch on the cover of the central armrest storage for it to pop back up. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
263 Posts
Funny, on a test drive on one car, I noticed the same thing, but then on the car I bought, it always closes on it's own. I didn't think much of it as I don't use it (yet).

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
334 Posts
There is something about the waste bin that bothers me, and I don't know if it is by Volvo design or a flaw in my car. When you push down the spring-loaded cover flap, it catches in the down/open position and does not lift back up to close. Instead, you have to release the catch on the cover of the central armrest storage for it to pop back up. Anyone else have this issue?
Must be vehicle-specific. The lid on my waste bin opens & closes without binding or catching.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same issue with mine....bugs the heck out of me.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine does this - I put some rubber adhesive bumpers under the left and right sides of the console cover that lift the cover just enough that the trash lid moves freely. The console doesn't lock, but sits perfectly fine.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Noticed same thing during our test drive. Dealer showed us how to seat the bin properly, and as others mention, it solves the problem.

Reactions: BikerBill

·
Registered
1 Posts
Give us an update on your waste bin, please. I've never had this kind of issue, so I'm really interested in finding out why you've encountered this problem, especially since it seems that you're not the only person who has a waste bin problem in Volvo XC 40. When thinking about it, although it might be bothering, I guess that when compared to other technical problems that a car might have, not being able to close the waste bin is not something terrible. Trust me, it's a lot worse when you have a lot of garbage and no disposal bin for it. That's why the services provided by Disposal Bin Rental from $270/week | 186-NEED-A-BIN are so valuable and necessary. Considering their rental prices, using their services would be a bargain for any business owner with a lot of trash to clean weekly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts