Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is something about the waste bin that bothers me, and I don't know if it is by Volvo design or a flaw in my car. When you push down the spring-loaded cover flap, it catches in the down/open position and does not lift back up to close. Instead, you have to release the catch on the cover of the central armrest storage for it to pop back up. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
256 Posts
Funny, on a test drive on one car, I noticed the same thing, but then on the car I bought, it always closes on it's own. I didn't think much of it as I don't use it (yet).

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
There is something about the waste bin that bothers me, and I don't know if it is by Volvo design or a flaw in my car. When you push down the spring-loaded cover flap, it catches in the down/open position and does not lift back up to close. Instead, you have to release the catch on the cover of the central armrest storage for it to pop back up. Anyone else have this issue?
Must be vehicle-specific. The lid on my waste bin opens & closes without binding or catching.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Make sure it's seated properly. Mine did the same thing at first - but then after emptying & replacing it the first time, it's worked properly since.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll fiddle with it. If it doesn't get better - I'll bring it up with Service small troubles!
Makes sure the bin is fully forward when seated. I have found it can take several tries to make sure the bin gets in the right groove when seated. Properly installed the flap should not catch.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'll fiddle with it. If it doesn't get better - I'll bring it up with Service small troubles!
Sometimes it's the small things that make a difference for many, especially if it start to nag on you subconsciously !

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same issue with mine....bugs the heck out of me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine does this - I put some rubber adhesive bumpers under the left and right sides of the console cover that lift the cover just enough that the trash lid moves freely. The console doesn't lock, but sits perfectly fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts