Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

At least that’s what CarAndDriver thinks, high praise from a publications that’s had their share of subcompact luxury crossover SUV, especially with how much the segment’s popularity has exploded recently.

You won’t see anything ground breaking like gullwing doors or a V-12, but those who go with the XC40 will find it to be a fun drive, something that doesn’t seem to be the norm for cars in this segment. The first batch to arrive on showroom floors will be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four engine delivering 8 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. Combined with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive, the T5 is punchy enough to launch all 3800 pounds of car from 0-60mph in just 6.2 seconds.

Test driving a XC40 T5 equipped with the R-Design package, CarAndDriver found the body motions controlled and handling quick with plenty of power to pull them out of corners. R-Design features like the slightly spirited driving. For those who want sharper throttle response, there’s even a Dynamic drive mode.

Their one gripe was with the seats, how it falls short of what’s expected from Volvo, but its other interior features like the 9.0-inch touchscreen could make future buyers overlook the discomfort.

·
Registered
217 Posts
One thing it does do very well is design which compared to everything else in the segment right now...stands out in its own unique way. What i'm really after here is something that can drive like a BMW but be a great BMW alternative. So far the sweedes have proven they can do it but the XC40 is up in the air till I drive it on my own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts